vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how does this sound for a cache

Question how does this sound for a cache

Hi ya'll,

I am posting this cause I am thinking about posting a new cache that could be a bit interesting and thought I would post the idea here and see if y'all think it would work.

What I am considering doing is a puzzle cache but with a twist. To find the Cache would would need to find one of several puzzle travel bugs such as a rubic's cube and solve it to get the coordiates for the actual cache.

I contacted GPSFUN and he thought that it would be approved but wanted to see the whole thing before approving.

What do you think?

Robt

Post It can work

A cache or two similar to this has been done down here in NY. Take a look at GCAOA3 "Rysty's Puzzle Pile", GCN826 "Shadow Marathon", and GCPJT1 "You can unlock any lock if you have the key". The last one requires you to get the TB key (real) that fits the lock on the cache. You then have to place it in a cache within 15 miles of zip code 12078. While it works I think that it really hampere finding the cache by a number of people since they may not be able to get the key when the go for it if someone else got there first. Good luck with it.

A house is not a home without a cat.

There is also a cache in Ware, MA. that is similar to what Sabby is talking about with a key. I haven't been there, but brother and uncle have and both enjoyed it. (yes, there really is a town named Ware).

Quote Originally Posted by Wudeater and Wife
    (yes, there really is a town named Ware).
    I corroborate that, Wudeater. My brother lives there! LOL!

I don't think you'd get many people finding your cache. Travel bugs can move fairly fast, and if someone wants to go to your cache, and can't find a travel bug clue, after a while they would just give up. There are plenty of ideas that can be used for "clue type" caches, but me thinks a traveling clue is not a great idea. And a rubics cube? I did figure that out 20 years ago but only after reading the book, but in the real world I don't think most people carry around instructions to put one of those wreched puzzles back together? I think that any "puzzle" type cache should be relitively straight forward to solve, or very few will even try. Not trying to take the wind out of your sails Robert, just telling the truth. John

Quote Originally Posted by Hoamdezinahs
    And a rubics cube? I did figure that out 20 years ago but only after reading the book, but in the real world I don't think most people carry around instructions to put one of those wreched puzzles back together?
    My solution to solving the Rubik's Cube is simple . . . Step 1) Take Rubik's Cube and set it on hard,flat surface, Step 2) Smash Rubik's Cube with 5-lb. Ballpeen Hammer, Step 3) Take individual cubes and glue back together with all sides in the same color.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

There are may level of puzzles. Even a good hide is a puzzle. Being creative and evil and creating your own puzzle will work. It needs to be solvable - difficult caches don't get visited much. Can you invision sitting out in the woods (with bugs flying around) trying to think and solve a puzzle? Or perhaps you have to go some place else to get the solution. The possiblities are endless! You have no idea how much I laughed setting up my last cache. I get shivers down my back and start laughing to myself just thinking about doing my next one.
    What; Me Worry?

But that would defeat the fun of the cache. hammers and puzzles may be affective but do not let the next person have all the fun. I am working on this now. I have a few ideas for the location of the cache but am having a little trouble to find the travel bug parts, but I have a few idea's of places to look.

robt

Well, this cache is allmost a reality. I have the TB's up and 2 of them are in cache's, 1 went up with TAT for the event last weekend but I hve not seen it move. And I hope to plant the 4th TB the first part of this week weather permitting. I am hoping that GPSFUN will approve the cache later today and it will be going.

Please let me know what Yall think of rubik's revenge cache, I tried to make it interesting.

Robt

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    My solution to solving the Rubik's Cube is simple . . . Step 1) Take Rubik's Cube and set it on hard,flat surface, Step 2) Smash Rubik's Cube with 5-lb. Ballpeen Hammer, Step 3) Take individual cubes and glue back together with all sides in the same color.
    Ya know jake... you could just peel the stickers off....