vb:literal>

Thread: Battleship

d’76 Guest

Thumbs up Battleship

Well I just finished up Battleship and have the points all mapped out and they are for sale. Goes to highest bidder. LOL, JUst kidding. I would never sell out. Great cache clever final hide and I would recommend this to anyone. It wasn't hard but was just right. Bring Girlmate back after suppah so she can get credit for it aswell as she was with me last night when I started the hunt. Thanks Dave

Dave

We're thinking of doing Battleship for our 100th cache sometime before this weekend. About how long did it take you? All day? Is the town traffic enough you would suggest it for a weekend instead? Curiosity killed the cacher....

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

d’76 Guest

State Street in Bangor has some construction on it and you spend sometime there. Girlmate and I did the needed squares in the Grid in about 2 hrs. and that was in afterwork traffic. We got lucky with the first 3 hits, they connected to a PT boat. Then it was easy after that. If you had 4 hrs start to finish and got on to a string of misses you would still be OK.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!
    Dave

Awe Yes, i rember the ole battleship, i First searched for this in the snow and had to go back once the snow melted.............. Yes , this was a good history lesson

I think Haffy6, The G Team and I still hold the record - 2 1/2 hours.

We had 2 cars, radios, cell phones, and all the waypoints on printed maps. We divided Bangor in half, and each "team" kept the other informed about "hits".

But once you get the coordinates, the actual hunt for the cache is the best part. That could take you some time! LOL!

Thanks! Sounds as if it is doable in one day - with luck. All the summer company is finally over and Joe is officially retired though I don't think that has sunk in yet. Back to caching!
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMaineiacs
    I don't think that has sunk in yet.
    No pun intended!?!?! I couldn't resist!