vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Welcoming Myself :)

Default Welcoming Myself :)

Hello everyone,

I thought I'd take a chance to introduce myself to everyone already here. I've been geocaching for quite a few years in Maine but just discovered these forums. I live in Carrabassett Valley (near Sugarloaf) where I work as a web applications developer and blogger. I also recently started a GPS Reviews Blog where I compile reviews of GPS systems as well as general news and information about the GPS system in general.

I'm also currently working on a geocaching/puzzle event. (Lots of puzzles, riddles, cryptography, etc to find the coordinates to hidden caches.) The first one might be limited to Franklin County but if there is sufficient interest I have plans to make a state-wide hunt. If anyone has read "A Treasures Trove" think of something like that... only easier ... and limited to Maine.

Off to move some TBs around!

Welcome to geocaching maine.

Quote Originally Posted by lefty
    Welcome to geocaching maine.
    "ditto"
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Welcome welcome !! May your caching days be long and filled with adventure !!

HI- I'm from Florida and am a new member also. I will be visiting Maine in Oct and hope to do some caching in your area. Give me a few recommendations. My first geocaching experience was last year at Eustis Ridge and I have been hooked ever since...
    Yeehama

I would suggest just do a pocket query in the zipcode area that you will be in.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    My first geocaching experience was last year at Eustis Ridge and I have been hooked ever since...
    Ha! That cache was hidden by me! Glad you enjoyed it. I was just up there a couple of nights ago and picked two quarts of blueberries around the cache.

Quote Originally Posted by tflight
    Ha! That cache was hidden by me! Glad you enjoyed it. I was just up there a couple of nights ago and picked two quarts of blueberries around the cache.
    Yes....the blueberries. They were quite a distraction when I was there. We'd hunt a bit, pick blueberries, then hunt a bit more, then blueberries... Hmmm maybe it was the blueberries that got me addicted to this sport!
    Yeehawma

Yup, we will be eating blueberry pancakes at my house for the next few months... and blueberry muffins, and blueberry crisp, and blueberry buckle...

Welcome! Haven't cached up your way yet but will when the leaves turn. A state wide geo puzzle sounds fascinating.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe