vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Maine caching

RE: Octoberfest - OK. I'm thinking of maybe October 29, so we can make it a semi-Halloween celebration as well? I'll be travelling the week ending in the 21st, so that weekend is out.

I have lots of parking at my place, which is in Topsham on the Foreside Road, set off in the woods a bit. I also have a good-sized garage we could use to hold it in inclement weather. And a semi-finished basement with a wood floor in case anyone wants to bring a sleeping bag and, err, sleep off any potential Octoberfesting or just rest up for the voyage home.

If anyone knows of a better location we can get in the area, though, I'm open.

Quote Originally Posted by hoys
    RE: Octoberfest - OK.

If anyone knows of a better location we can get in the area, though, I'm open.
    Is there anyplace in Maine that actually holds an Octoberfest?

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Is there anyplace in Maine that actually holds an Octoberfest?
    Looks like Bangor holds one every year, and one in Southwest Harbor but that appears to be tied to a $110/night hotel.

a 'Fest locally would be fun! We'd be there. Hoys - you are just about sitting on a cache depending on where on Foreside Road you are.

Pencil Stash Cache Revised 2005
    by mainepod [profile]

N 43° 55.196 W 069° 56.230
    UTM: 19T E 424762 N 4863406
    or convert to NAD27 at Jeeep.com

Click icon to download:

Read about waypoint downloads

In Maine, United States [view map]
    Hidden: 4/17/2004
    Use waypoint: GCJ7CN
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Hmmmm....guess I'm just unrespectable enough to go to Octoberfest...!!!!

It does not matter where you go you can find lame ones. I generally hate micros in busy placed, it just does not seem right, well less face it I hate them altogether. But I have done a couple of great ones. In Nashville there is a park, thats what they call it, that is 50 feet by 100 feet and has only a bench with the rest grass. It had a micro that took us almost an hour to find because we had never done a city micro like that one. A police office stopped and asked if we were looking for a cache and told us he enjoyed watching people look for it. It was a metal cylinder about and inch long in a pvc pipe designed to look like part of the watering system. The way we found it was the letters on the cap were geocaching.com. We aslo did some in the rain Sat in western central New Brunswick, we managed to do 12 which for us is a record for one day. Only two were lame and those two were very easy finds with no redeming value in my opinion. No micros because these were all rural but took us to some very nice trails and parks. It included two wilderess areas and four different lakes. Even found a place we want to go back to in the fall to go hiking. We look at the names of those who place them and there are some people we just don't waste our time with while other we mark theirs to do in the future.
    We hate mindless caches placed in the woods without a reason, nothing but the cache in a plastic bag on a tree.

I would go to an October Fest esspecially if it right in my backyard. but then I have never been accused of beeing proper.

A cache is a cache...

That is why they have discriptions as to what they are, this allows a cacher a decision wether he/she wants to hunt for it......

I say if people do not like certian caches then they should not go look for them.

Personally, i enjoy the hunt no matter what it may be as long as it has taken me to a new spot..

I must admit I do not have a canoe to attempt to get to these island caches but hey , who am my so say wether they are good or bad caches.