vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: logging cach

Default logging cach

NewBe here. If two or more people are together caching how do we log the find? Can only one person claim it as a find?

You all can claim it as a find unless you are the first to find it ,then the actual first person to find the cache can log it as a FTF (first to find).
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I would say it depends on whether each person had their own Geocaching.com account, or whether it was a single account for the group. We travel as a family most of the time and only have one account, but I have seen a few where husband/wife, father/son, boyfriend/girlfriend have separate accounts and place separate logs.

Quote Originally Posted by agingelm
    NewBe here. If two or more people are together caching how do we log the find? Can only one person claim it as a find?
    Yes you can both log the find. This is done all the time when we cache in groups. So there is not issue with it.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    I would say it depends on whether each person had their own Geocaching.com account, or whether it was a single account for the group. We travel as a family most of the time and only have one account, but I have seen a few where husband/wife, father/son, boyfriend/girlfriend have separate accounts and place separate logs.
    Yes, and then there's "husband/wife/dog"... Three logs...

Thanks for the help. Been chching with someone and now he is hooked and wants his own account. Thanks for the help

Now the big question is........When he gets his own account, can he go back and log the finds he has done with you, and with the dates he has origionally found them?

Lightbulb Yes

As we've seen by what some southern cachers have done in the past, you can pretty much do whatever you want when it comes to logging caches. GC.com doesn't regulate that much at all. You need only to place your own set of guidelines as to how you want to record cache finds. My personal rule of thumb is if I don't sign the logbook then it's not a find. The exception to that rule is I'm with a group and one person signs for all of us. Then it's still a find. Hope this helps a little. See you in Sept. at the Cache Bashe.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    See you in Sept. at the Cache Bashe.
    You've really been plugging this event Brad! LOL! Is it going to top you're previous efforts?

Dancing girls perhaps? A band? Fireworks? A flyover by some KC135's from Bangor ANG BASE?

Y'know, we've got as many women as men in the group....so if you're gonna have dancing girls, we request Chippendales (not the furniture type either).