vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Journalist Looking for Help

Default Journalist Looking for Help

Hello:
    My name is Dave Sherwood; I'm the outdoors writer for the Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel. I'm working on a feature article on geocaching in Maine for the weekend paper, and would love to talk with a couple of Maine geocaching fanatics...
    If anyone is willing to help, please send an email, or feel free to call me at work 621-5648, or at home 666-8504.
    Thanks
    Dave Sherwood

I emailed Dave and invited him to the event this weekend. Since he's an "outdoorsman", he may even want to go along on the kayak trip.

I thought that since I did such a good job of pointing the TV people towards BRDAD and the BDN writer towards Mainiac1957 at the Brewer CITO event, I thought I'd stick my fingers into the pie again.

I didn't mention any names, but.....

Question Dave...come on down`

Show up this weekend as Bruce said or... Show up at my event in Hampden on Sept. 10 (Dorothy Dix Park 11:00am) I would be gald to talk to you. And I KNOW Haffy could be talked into an interview as well. Even though he is quite shy.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Show up this weekend as Bruce said or... Show up at my event in Hampden on Sept. 10 (Dorothy Dix Park 11:00am) I would be gald to talk to you. And I KNOW Haffy could be talked into an interview as well. Even though he is quite shy.
    Well, Dave called me almost as soon as I sent my email. He can't make the event this weekend as his article will appear in this Saturday's KJ and Sentinel.

He asked for names of other people he could interview, and I actually gave him Haffy's name! LOL! (Sheesh! Haffy's a nce guy - time he had his 15 column inches of fame...) LOL!

He also asked about some "special" Maine caches, and I had to mention "Old 470" and "You Sank my Battleship".

He did state that he would try and attend an event in the future - he sounds really interested in geocaching.

Just got done reading about his request and I emailed him. So we'll see what happens. I am off on a caching trip tomorrow with TrezursRfun to do Tumbledown Challenge and a couple of others in the area.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Will this article appear in an online version of the newspaper? I would like to read the article.

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    Will this article appear in an online version of the newspaper? I would like to read the article.
    It should be. If so, I'll post a link and email it to you in case you mis the posting.

And speaking of articles on geo-caching . . . my article should be out in another week or so (weekly paper). I'll let folks know if it goes on the on-line version.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    And speaking of articles on geo-caching . . . my article should be out in another week or so (weekly paper). I'll let folks know if it goes on the on-line version.
    What paper is that? I don't believe it's been mentioned.

www.mainetoday.com has articles from both Kennebec Journal and Morning Sentinel and hopefully greenwing1's feature will be listed there.
    Silva, of the forest

Beneath you, feel the Earth.
    Above you, feel the Sky.
    Around you, feel the presence and the Power
    of the Trees!