by mainiac1957 [profile]

N 44° 43.461 W 068° 50.645
    UTM: 19T E 512347 N 4952341
    NE 66.9mi from your home coordinates.

In Maine, United States [view map]
    Hidden: 9/10/2005
    Use waypoint: GCPNNP (what's this?)
    Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
    Difficulty: Terrain:

This is the second of my end of summer get togethers. Hope to see you all there. And we hope to have the great weather from last time as well.

This event will be evolving as the time gets closer. As in some past picnics, everyone should bring something to grill. Also a side dish, dessert, or beverage to share. I know there is a growing number of vegetarian cachers who I'm sure will have some non-meat dishes to share as well. Post your intentions as a note so others don't duplicate to much. Depending on how many children are coming there will be some kids activities and a big field to play in. There are a couple of covered tables to get out of nasty weather. Let's have a great turn out and meet as many new people as we can, as well as our regulars who make it to all the events. Dogs are allowed on a leash. See you all in September, and be sure to bring trade item and travel bugs. We will have some more discussion on paperless caching for those new cachers with new palm pilots or other PDAs. Also we want to have help for anyone not sure on placing a good first cache. There will be ample time for eveyone who hasn't found area caches to hunt before of after the picnic. It will start at 11:00am and run till around 3:00pm. Hot grills will be provided by me for those who wish to BBQ food.
    Blazing Troll

Wink So are you coming or what...

I hope these rediculous gas prices don't keep to many of you from coming.
    We will have some games. We will have some door prizes. We will have a neat guest from away.(I hope he is still coming). I'm praying for the same great weather that we had last year. The air is turning cooler ,and it won't be long before the snow will be falling. Not that I mind that in moderation. See you on Saturday!!
    Happy Trails!

I'll be there!! I might have to walk to work to save the gas for the trip, but I'll be there. And I will have some freshly picked Maine apples to share. See you all Saturday!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

If gas stays under $5.00 a gallon, we'll be there. Still figuring out how to work in "Battleship" <G> Will bring food to share.

We'll launch our new TB "Lobstah" on his quest to find seafood dives all over North America.

Anne and Joe
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Well, I'm watching the weather, even as we speak! Next weekend is going to be absolutely perfect!!

Drive slow, you'll save more! This would be a great oppurtunity to see just how much less gas it takes to go 55 instead of 75.

The team will be there, for sure. Wouldn't miss it. Will fill the truck with gas and cachers. Delicious snacks too.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I hope these rediculous gas prices don't keep to many of you from coming.
    Are you kidding??? With all the money we have invested in GPSr, laptop, PDA, software, Maine Geocacher Permits, digital camera, and the big bag of swag, even $4 gas couldn't keep us away! LOL!

Give away gas as a door prize!

You just never know what is in the works.........
    ~ Beach Comber ~

wbdent Tink and me will not make this event. We are heading to The Forks Friday afternoon. On Saturday we will be cooking up about 220 home made hamburgers that we have been putting together all week along with corn on the cob and all the other fixings. Then Sunday we will be putting on a big breakfast. All this for the thru hikers that have hiked the Appalachian Trail from Goergia to Maine. This will a big event for us. We are expecting over 150 people.

wbdent We are bummed that both these events fell on the same date. This event was planned well before we knew that Mainiac1957 was going to hold another one this year. But this one takes priority over the geocaching event for us. We will be with you all in spirit though. Have fun all. We will miss you. Hopefully we see you all at the next geocaching event.
    Blazing Troll