vb:literal>

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Last Cache Bashe of Summer 2005

Default awwwww

Sorry to hear that you have your priorities mixed up - hehehehe - Have a great time!! Sounds like a fantastic weekend - what an accomplishment to have hiked that far. I have all I can do to climb a mini mountain like when I did the A.S.P. cache!!!

Enjoy!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    **** Tink and me will not make this event.
    And risk being the only member of the "Tribute to Maine Cachers" cache puzzle to not attend?

Wow! Did anyone notice anyone at the event called "Geoaware"? I wish we had met them and known who they were. I just happened to find out because I picked up a TB they left, and because it hadn't been logged into the event, I was checking them out.

Here's where they work:

He's the current "Earthcache Master".

But checkout his bio and see where he (she?) lives:

Way cool!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Wow! Did anyone notice anyone at the event called "Geoaware"? I wish we had met them and known who they were. I just happened to find out because I picked up a TB they left, and because it hadn't been logged into the event, I was checking them out.

Here's where they work:

He's the current "Earthcache Master".

But checkout his bio and see where he (she?) lives:

Way cool!!!

OK...and Where Wur U while we were talking to him?? I think U R Lost! He's visiting for a few more days before leaving. Nice guy...approved my Tidal Falls cache as well as others in the area. Have a nice trip.

Quote Originally Posted by parmachenee
    OK...and Where Wur U while we were talking to him?? I think U R Lost! He's visiting for a few more days before leaving. Nice guy...approved my Tidal Falls cache as well as others in the area. Have a nice trip.
    Well, probably my fault, as I spent a lot of time talking to the people from California (they are living our dream - their full-time home is their RV, and they travel the country). But as Geoaware is somewhat of a "celebrity" in the geocaching world, I think an announcement about their presence should have been made.

Blame Brad. LOL!

But looking back, we had quite a presence of people "from away": California, Australia, New York, Massachusetts, Florida, Portland... Sheesh!

Default Hey Bruce

Don't forget Solon!! Sheesh
    Happy Trails!

Brad and all concerned - thanks for the time and energy put into this gathering. Fun to see faces we had met before and lots of new ones. The Bangor area is truly rich in caches. We did 12 over the weekend and managed to include "Battleship". We picked Sunday to do it since there was less traffic in town and easier not to get hit as we wandered from side to side of some roads. Took about half of the grid to set the PT boats and figure out the final coordinates. One day we'd like to come back and visit the other half of the grid as the history was quite worth the time.

Special thanks to Cameooooo for her cell phone number <G> She confirmed for us that we were in at the right area for final Battleship cache and urged us to go back for another look. Encouragement appreciated and also not giving us specific hints (cheats). Walked right up to it the second time. Left a White Jeep to encourage others to try this cache.

If any of you do the cache behind the library in Hampden, be very careful of a yellow jacket nest in the ground right in front of the container. I think Joe was the only one stung but it was probably because so many people had walked close by.

See ya'll up north again. TwoMaineiacs/ Anne and Joe
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Nope - Joe wasn't the only one stung - lol - I walked away with a blazing pain in my leg after being stung by one while there after the event. I thought I was being poked by a very sharp and aggressive thorn, but it didn't stop "poking" me when I moved my leg. When I looked down to see what the #%ck (that would be heck) was there, I saw the little bugger dangling from my calf by it's stinger - eek! ouch!

The event was fantastic!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Don't forget Solon!! Sheesh
    Solon? What part of Canada is that in?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Solon? What part of Canada is that in?
    Sheesh! You big-city-slickers are just jealous of those of us who live in quaint, scenic, rural Maine towns! LOL!