vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront

Default The American Folk Festival on the Bangor Waterfront

I'm just thowing this out to the population. I was wondering how many of you are coming to Bangor this weekend to enjoy the folk festival. I'll tell you before you ask, it's not all Peter, Paul, and Mary types singing Kumbya. (Not that there is anything wrong with that.) I have gone extensivly to the National Folk Festival the last three years and have had the best time. It's all free to hear the artists perform, and the food and crafts are what you would pay at any fair. I would be interested in gettting together for a beer or whatever if your coming to town. Let me know.
    Happy Trails!

Name the time and place and they will come.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

yes i am planing on being there from mid day saturday on till evening, and yes i too have enjoyed the last three folk fests............. .....

cell.. 323-0689

If Brad, Haffy and Noreasta are going to get together and sing Kumbaya, I'll DEFINITELY be there.

Othewise, I've got another event scheduled!

I'm not sure if I will go this year or not . . . hard to top last year when I got to see one of my favorite Irish singers/bands play -- Karan Casey. I have gone for the past three years though. If I do go the nice thing is my premium parking spot since I can see the folks setting up the tents right as I type this from my office! Danu is playing this year and I've seen them before -- not a bad group, but as I said it will be hard to top Casey. As you may tell I most definitely am a fan of Celtic music.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Planning to be there Saturday at some point. Do you have a time/place in mind? The beer tent perhaps - lol!! How about if you pick a the spot and when you will be there and I'll plan to join in the fun. Though I'm not sure about singing Kumbaya - I will have to pass on that!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Awww why not? We can all hold hands and sing in unison....lol NOT!!!!!
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Talking This reminds me of...

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Awww why not? We can all hold hands and sing in unison....lol NOT!!!!!
    when I went for my Camping Certification as a Girl Scout leader. I was me and 75 women camping for the weekend at Camp Pondicherry. And yes, we DID all sit around the blazing campfire and sing Kumbaya! At least I had a tent to myself! (and the Monkey Bread cooked in the Dutch oven was great!).

Michael

My days of singing Kumbaya are definitely limited to my days in the Girlscouts - lol
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default G

Hey! Watch it! I just got back from a Girl Guide (Scout) reunion. The things that didn't change was the singing and laughing. The things that DID change was the color of everyone's hair, except two of us (we changed shape), and the fact that there was wine and beer! Got to love those leaders!
    Keep your plans posted here..... I'm headed up to Bangor.
    Ahhhh, Camp Pondicherry. My daughter and I went to a great Mother/Daughter winter weekend there. Great memory. Thanks.