vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Waymarking

Default Waymarking

If you are a premium member of gc.com you can view the beta site, which I believe will come online Sept. 1st, of http://www.waymarking.com which will list caches such as Earthcaches and locationless caches, and other types you can view when you log on.

Whooeeee!!! There is a place I've wanted to have as a virtual cache for a while but knew it would not be accepted since the rules were changing. This will be perfect for a waymark. Have camera - wil take photo and submit.

Thanks! Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

I've already got my camera all ready to go tomorrow and take photos of painted fire hydrants....lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

This is so cool! Hopefully okay to post a link here since it would/should be blocked if not a premium member. There are so many places I'd like to get people to see that just aren't right for a cache - other than a micro

http://tinyurl.com/do22y
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Default huh?

I'm not sure that I understand how this works. I checked out the waymark and read the information etc. Is the goal to take a picture similar to that of you, Anne and Joe? Help! I haven't had a chance to read all the info on this new approach yet so any condensed version is appreciated : )
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Default oh my head hurts!

i'm glad i'm not the only one having trouble understanding this. if it is like locationless, do we take pictures and do we have to have the gps in the shot? for the airport one, can i just go take a pic of the stonington "international" airport or is the point to go to where the other logs are? (which doesn't make sense). i went to the forums and read all that stuff and i'm still confused. i know i read a question about if we logged it for locationless, can we log it for waypointing, but can't remember the answer, or where i saw it. i love doing the locationless, so i think this will be really fun, if i can just figure it out! i did get that the numbers, which it's not about anyway lol, are separate from geocaching. i have to go back to the forum questions, i think, but if anyone can help me, i'd be very grateful!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    i'm glad i'm not the only one having trouble understanding this. if it is like locationless, do we take pictures and do we have to have the gps in the shot? for the airport one, can i just go take a pic of the stonington "international" airport or is the point to go to where the other logs are? (which doesn't make sense). i went to the forums and read all that stuff and i'm still confused. i know i read a question about if we logged it for locationless, can we log it for waypointing, but can't remember the answer, or where i saw it. i love doing the locationless, so i think this will be really fun, if i can just figure it out! i did get that the numbers, which it's not about anyway lol, are separate from geocaching. i have to go back to the forum questions, i think, but if anyone can help me, i'd be very grateful!

If you read the Getting Started faq on the homepage, it will answer many of your questions although I gather this is a work in progress. GC.COM won't allow any new virtuals and all locationless caches will be archived on Jan. 1, 2006. Owners will have to move them to this new area. You can create your own category, it's up to you what requirements you want finders to post when they find it, basically the way they work now.

Default geez

i read the getting started and all the rest - am working on the forum posts now. i don't want to make a sub-category, i just want to figure out how to go find something and post it. do i have to go to bradford mt or can i go to cadillac mt and post that? i'm not really that easily confused, but this all has me baffled. i went into someone's profile, and they had counts for their finds, but then, when i went into other peoples' profiles, who had posted finds, their count was 0. i think i'll go take a pic of the airport, post it and maybe that will help me figure this out. i'm just glad that the airport is only minutes away!
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Default Logged it!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMaineiacs
    This is so cool! Hopefully okay to post a link here since it would/should be blocked if not a premium member. There are so many places I'd like to get people to see that just aren't right for a cache - other than a micro

http://tinyurl.com/do22y

My very first waymark log!!! Whooo hoooo, it's an FTF!!

(Of course, I have no idea if I met the requirements, so feel free to delete it if it does not measure up!)

I don't think you can log these like you do a find in GC. I think this is more or less for people that are using it as a vacation tool to find places to go and visit. I have not read that much into it though.
    Blazing Troll