vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RE: Yet another question from me . . . I am learning though!

Default RE: Yet another question from me . . . I am learning though!

Hypothetically speaking of course . . . if you were to create a cache where you were directed to one waypoint where there was no physical cache but a site where you would get clues or info (i.e. on a plaque for example with dates) that would direct you to another waypoint and coords with the physical cache (by filling in the spaces with the appropriate numbers found at the first site) would this a) be permitted or is this considered a virtual cache and b) if permitted would this be considered a multi or a traditional cache?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

That is typically categorized as a multi.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-4336751aa52b as a cache that is like what you propose.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Hypothetically speaking of course . . . if you were to create a cache where you were directed to one waypoint where there was no physical cache but a site where you would get clues or info (i.e. on a plaque for example with dates) that would direct you to another waypoint and coords with the physical cache (by filling in the spaces with the appropriate numbers found at the first site) would this a) be permitted or is this considered a virtual cache and b) if permitted would this be considered a multi or a traditional cache?
    This is a common set up for a Multi, Look up "You Sank My Battleship! ", Hampden Highlights ", " Alex’s Monster Multiple Nightmare (Nightmare #2) " , better yet, you should go do them as they are all in your "area". LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    This is a common set up for a Multi, Look up "You Sank My Battleship! ", Hampden Highlights ", " Alex’s Monster Multiple Nightmare (Nightmare #2) " , better yet, you should go do them as they are all in your "area". LOL
    When the hands on the clock hit 4:30 p.m. usually I'm not too awful excited to hang around Bangor . . . usually I just want to get home. I suppose I'll get to them some day though.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    Check out http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...3-4336751aa52b as a cache that is like what you propose.
    Hmmm . . . I was thinking even simpler math than this cache . . . I don't have that many fingers and toes to count on!

I'm with you Jake when the bells ring in the morning all I want to see of Bangor is in the rear view mirror. Maybe next week we'll take the ladder truck out and do some of those good Bangor area caches. Maybe we can call it area familiarization.

Default out of the ashes cache

firefighterjake, i just read your new cache, out of the ashes. i wanted to tell you what a wonderful, hearfelt tribute it is to the triplets and to the sheriff, your former fire chief, who died in the fire you wrote about. it is nice to know that something good has come from this horrible fire. (i also like the lizzie borden story. i hope you keep putting caches out and telling us stories!)
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Quote Originally Posted by becket
    firefighterjake, i just read your new cache, out of the ashes. i wanted to tell you what a wonderful, hearfelt tribute it is to the triplets and to the sheriff, your former fire chief, who died in the fire you wrote about. it is nice to know that something good has come from this horrible fire. (i also like the lizzie borden story. i hope you keep putting caches out and telling us stories!)
    Thanks for the kind words . . . I figure caches should either bring you to a beautiful and often undiscovered spot (i.e. Sudonim's "Salute to Veterans") and when you have some history (i.e. "Boxboard Mill") or personal experience to relate at the site it just makes it more special . . . and don't worry I have a number of spots in mind for future caches (hopefully folks will come check them out!)

I also realize that there is no set number or rule for hiding caches vs. finding caches but in an effort to promote geo-caching and giving back to the GC community in my own mind I have resolved to try to hide a cache for every 25 or so that I find or until the number of my caches grows to some astronomical number . . . but I don't look for that to happen too soon.

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    When the hands on the clock hit 4:30 p.m. usually I'm not too awful excited to hang around Bangor . . . usually I just want to get home. I suppose I'll get to them some day though.
    Sheesh,,,,we work 24s 7am to 7am. What could be a better way to wind down than to go geocaching?! LOL I know what you mean though about not hanging around, guess which town I rarely visit unless I'm working.