vb:literal>

Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much is Gas Where You LIve?

Default How Much is Gas Where You LIve?

This site will tell you the bad news:

http://www.mainegasprices.com/index.aspx

I went to Waterville yesterday - a 30-somthing mile trip. When I went through Skowhegan, the price at the Irving I usually strop at was $2.82, up from $2.57 on Monday. On the way back - 1 1/2 hours later - they were raising the price from $2.99 to $3.17! Sheesh!

This is gonna put a clamp on geocaching!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    This is gonna put a clamp on geocaching!
    You're not kidding . . . although I do have an econo-beater car . . . only needs to have a new tire put on it . . . just means no driving up rough roads like the one to Frankfort Quarry, going in the back way and such.

$3.99 as of yesterday evening . . . I was "lucky" since I commented about the price of gas being $3.64 on Tuesday and the cashier told me the price had already gone up 20 cents in Waterville and they were expecting the price to get close to or break the $3 mark. Went home and brought back the 4Runner and some gas cans and filled them up and then returned with the beater car riding on a half flat donut and filled that one up.

Seems to me that it's time folks did some letter writing and complaining to their U.S. Senators and Reps . . . not that it will make much of a difference . . . but these prices are crazy. Gonna be an expensive winter with heating oil prices so high and an expensive commute for me going back and forth to work . . . I might be better off not working, collecting unemployment checks and free hand-outs from the government!
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

$3.99?? Holy smokes!! Last weekend when I was more toward your part of the state, gas was cheaper there than here in Portland. We are not at that point yet. Last night I saw it for $3.17 and the same gas station had it for $2.99 this morning. This will be a roller coaster ride a the pumps for sure.
    ~ Beach Comber ~

$2.89 to $3.17 at stations around Brunswick Naval Air Station yesterday. CNN showed miles long lines in Atlanta waiting for $10.00 worth of gas- at $5.99 a gallon!! Lots of SUVs would burn that much gas waiting to get your 1/1-2 gallons. Several governors have put in force anti-gouging laws.

Gas prices WILL change how we geocache. It won't stop it but caching will be combined with other trips rather than a trip of its own.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    $3.99?? Holy smokes!! Last weekend when I was more toward your part of the state, gas was cheaper there than here in Portland. We are not at that point yet. Last night I saw it for $3.17 and the same gas station had it for $2.99 this morning. This will be a roller coaster ride a the pumps for sure.
    Oops . . . I meant $2.99/gallon.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

A friend went to get new tires put on his truck, in Lubec, decided to wait til after to get gas. When he drove by on his way to the garage it was $2.75 and an hour later it was $3.09

I filled up on Tuesday morning here in Caribou with the price at $2.66. As I was pulling out of the station, they were changing the prices to $2.79. That was a close call!! Yesterday it was $2.99. This morning it was $3.19. Who knows what it will be when I get out of work...

We got burned this morning,stopped in a station where the gas was $3.25 a gallon and just up the road was $2.99, go figure.Last week the same station it was $2.52. The oil companys have us by the gonads don't they? Just get together with 3 or 4 other like geocachers and split the gas cost I guess. I know I won't stop caching,just the way I go about it now. Will be doing 8 or 10 and make a day of it instead of getting the FTF for one cache.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    How Much is Gas Where You LIve?

Too Much!!!!!!!!

Angry gas prices

Maybe we should give the oil companies another tax break so they can continue to "thank" us. Big problem is that our fine Congressmen and women have NO idea what the daily cost of living is for Joe Average. If I had lobbyists and influence peddlers paying all of my expenses I'd choose to live oblivious to what we are all facing. Maybe more people should adopt my personal credo: don't vote for incumbents. If you don't vote for them they don't get entrenched.
    ASs for cachng, I'll stick to those close to home and use the econo-box.
    You haven't had fun unless you've come back hurt.