vb:literal>

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: How Much is Gas Where You LIve?

We traveled to Readfield for my son's football game and pulled into a gas station nearly on empty (my husband was driving), anyway....they were out of regular. The guy said that they are being limited as to how much gas they can purchase and they sell that in 1 and 1/2 hours. So beware when you are traveling.

Is "too much" an answer?
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I see where the Govenor is looking into price gouging by local stations, But my question is when is the Government going to look into the pricing practises of the big oil companies. The station owners are not doing anything that was not either taught to them or mandated by their masters. In my opinion it is them that are the ones that are raping the american people cause they found an excuse. But then that is just my opinion

Quote Originally Posted by robt
    I see where the Govenor is looking into price gouging by local stations, But my question is when is the Government going to look into the pricing practises of the big oil companies. The station owners are not doing anything that was not either taught to them or mandated by their masters. In my opinion it is them that are the ones that are raping the american people cause they found an excuse. But then that is just my opinion
    A Primer on Gas Prices

And more info...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    Is "too much" an answer?
    Huh? What color is the sky where you live? LOL

Unhappy Scary!

We went to Portland this weekend and geocached down and back. It was just eerie about the traffic...there was none. We felt like we were all alone...like in the Twilight Zone?? People were just not going anywhere. Prices for gas were pretty consistent in the Portland area $3.39 but in outlying areas you might find it a little lower. I managed to crawl back to Orrington with the empty warning light going off and filled up at $3.19. What a bargain!!

Met Pamachenee along the way! Gassed up in Falmouth @3.39. Wished I'd tanked up in Kittery, 3.19!!

Just got back to the mainland after being on one of the islands in Casco Bay - I didn't dare look at the gas prices as we were coursing our way from the boat back to the house! But I can tell that on the island the price of gas is $3.79 - eek!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Unhappy Price Of Gasoline

Yes, I think we are all feeling the "crunch" of the rising price of gasoline. It has definitely curbed my geocaching treks with the price of '87 octane' being $3.39 per gallon here in the Calais area. Somehow, though, we will live through this! Take care all. Ron of Calais, ME (Rpapaman)

Quote Originally Posted by Rpapaman
    Yes, I think we are all feeling the "crunch" of the rising price of gasoline. It has definitely curbed my geocaching treks with the price of '87 octane' being $3.39 per gallon here in the Calais area. Somehow, though, we will live through this! Take care all. Ron of Calais, ME (Rpapaman)
    Actually, Ron, I think you're lucky! The gas prices in Calais are normally MUCH higher than the rest of the state. Now you're paying about the same as the rest of us! LOL!