vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Google Earth

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls View Post
    Another ariel photos sight for Maine is Maine Geographical information Systems http://apollo.ogis.state.me.us/maps/ The map over my house seems to be a couple of years old but are in color and is quite clear.
    If you look photos at both sites you will see that they are the same topos. These topos are over five years old. I know this because of the vehicles that are parked at my house.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll View Post
    If you look photos at both sites you will see that they are the same topos. These topos are over five years old. I know this because of the vehicles that are parked at my house.
    Sorry about that. I am on dial up so I don't usually have the patience to wait for the darn things to load. It does seem though that the google maps are a lot slower loading. But that could just have been my patience level at the time.

They definitely updated the Sebago area...my in-laws place is in hi-def.
    "When I get back I'm bringing a weedwacker and a stun gun!"

They did the same with the Topsham/Bruniswick area recently. I can see my house now!

Interestingly enough, the imagery reads (C)2006 but I would judge is at LEAST 5 years old, based on some of the changes to the area in the last 5 years.

I'd love it if they put the actual year on the photograph data, so you knew how old it was.

On the other hand, it's become my #1 mapping tool, especially with the Geocaching KML from geocaching.com showing all the caches for me, and all the fantastic overlays and other data. Just toooo cooool for words.