vb:literal>

Thread: Geocaching Seminars

Post Geocaching Seminars

I found these on their website http://www.kitterytradingpost.com/ Part of their Septemberfest the week ofSept 5-11

DELORME GPS SEMINAR
    Tues 7pm, Thurs 5pm
    Learn to upload and download GPS track logs and waypoints into Delorme's TOPO USA 4 Software. Bring your GPS unit to see your latest adventure depicted in amazing 3D graphics. GEOCACHING SEMINAR
    Fri & Sat 10am-Noon
    Join the experts from Kittery Trading Post while they take you on a treasure hunt & introduce you to the sport of geocaching. Learn to save, store, and utilize waypoints in order to hit your target!

Come to any Maine geocaching event and we'll be glad to help too! LOL!

The "regular attendees" have broad experience in different GPS and PDA units, as well as most mapping/cache management software.

This Saturday is the next event...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    The "regular attendees" have broad experience in different GPS and PDA units, as well as most mapping/cache management software.
    Yes I have to agree!!!!! The folks here are much more knowledgable than the sales staff at KTP. I'm sorry I forgot about the event this weekend when I posted. My son and I went to see Tom Knapp shoot clays down there yesterday. He was awsome!!

No need to be sorry, but you should come to the event if you are able. It looks to be a good one.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    No need to be sorry, but you should come to the event if you are able. It looks to be a good one.
    LOL! The events are ALL good - some just better than others.

We were headed down close to Kittery today to visit Joe's mom. Since most of the gas was already burned we kept going down to Kittery Trading Post for their 10AM GPS seminar. We figured it was always good to meet GPS people and trade some tricks/tips. The event was a bit disappointing. Leader gave out a sheet of ten waypoints all within the confines of the KTP grounds. He didn't give any instruction or demo except just showing the features of a Garmin E-Trex. Some people were obviously experienced geocachers. Some had never seen a GPS but were interested. Those of us who had GPS units teamed up with those who did not and set out on a hunt. Ten small white tupperwear containers in plain sight on edges of woods and marshes with numbered raffle type tickets inside. Each person took a ticket out of each box, filled in their name and deposited back at the meeting place. It sure was fun showing how a GPS worked to the two women with us. They "got" most of the "hides" <G>. Prizes drawn from the tickets at the end. We ended up with the big prize of a $25 gift certificate and promptly went inside and spent it.

Met a couple of cachers from MA who might end up in Hampden tomorrow.

Anne and Joe
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    I would like to but the Great State of Maine Air Show at the Brunswick Naval Air Station has our name on it for this weekend.

It sounds like the KTP should get in touch with the real experts in geocaching the next time they want to put on demo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pooh and friends

It sounds like the KTP should get in touch with the real experts in geocaching the next time they want to put on demo!!
    Generally, the people who sell GPS units are not geocachers.

WalMart sells GPS units, but if you ask them about using them - let alone geocaching - they haven't a clue.