vb:literal>

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Kayak

Exclamation Next Sunday

Next Sunday 4-23 Karen and I will be out and about with our kayaks, weather permitting. I hate kayaking in a snow storm. Most likely in the Augusta area. Not exactly sure which body of water yet. Meet around 11AM and put in around NOON. Drinks and food for dinner 5PM. Or something like that. Any takers.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Next Sunday 4-23 Karen and I will be out and about with our kayaks, weather permitting. I hate kayaking in a snow storm. Most likely in the Augusta area. Not exactly sure which body of water yet. Meet around 11AM and put in around NOON. Drinks and food for dinner 5PM. Or something like that. Any takers.
    Oh Man, We are heading to New Hampsire next Sunday. If it was Saturday we might have been able to attend. Maybe next time.
    Blazing Troll

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Team2hunt
    Where are you going to paddle?
    Happy Trails!

Default Its a ways away from you but..........

Here is another choice...........

http://www.kayakandcanoe.com/html/ol...noe_-_wel.html
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

Default Some advice....

The Calypso concerns me. You said you'd like to go on the ocean. I started in a Necky 12' kayak and quickly outgrew it. I still have it and it's a great kayak for beginners and poking around on lakes and streams. I now own a Precision Eclipse which is a rather big boat for a woman. It's high volume and everyone loves having me along for overnight trips. I can carry it all! Soon I will have to trade this one in. As I age, the weight (around 63 lbs) of the boat becomes a nuisance and I now own the slowest boat of my kayaking group. Mind you, the group is quite advanced.

I think knowing how your body fits with a boat is important. Hope we meet soon and best of luck finding a kayak.

I agree with Karen. If you going to do a lot of kayaking in the ocean then you should have a 13 foot or bigger kayak. 13 might even be to small. The kayaks we own are about 13 feet and I feel comfortable in the ocean with them. But I would not do an long trips in the ocean with anything smaller.
    Blazing Troll

Default ??

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Where are you going to paddle?
    As I stated in an earlier post, Augusta area not sure which body of water?
    Is that clearer?
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Quote Originally Posted by Smitty & Co.

I tried the kayak link on that website but its "not found".

I will be going to Ellsworth/Bangor area looking for kayaks in a month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaching Karen
    The Calypso concerns me. You said you'd like to go on the ocean. I started in a Necky 12' kayak and quickly outgrew it. I still have it and it's a great kayak for beginners and poking around on lakes and streams. I now own a Precision Eclipse which is a rather big boat for a woman. It's high volume and everyone loves having me along for overnight trips. I can carry it all! Soon I will have to trade this one in. As I age, the weight (around 63 lbs) of the boat becomes a nuisance and I now own the slowest boat of my kayaking group. Mind you, the group is quite advanced.

I think knowing how your body fits with a boat is important. Hope we meet soon and best of luck finding a kayak.
    When I bought my kayak, I wanted to be able to go on small bodies of water, but still feel safe venturing out from the shore in the ocean. I looked at the Perception Eclipse, and although it was great for the ocean, I felt it was a little too big for small rivers. I got the Corona, the next step down from the Eclipse and I love it. I've gone to the Hub, a small island in Penobscot bay with tent and gear, and done the kayak cache off Stonington, but it's still small enough to put in many large streams. I looked at the L.L. Bean boats but liked the fit/finish of the Perceptions better.

i borrowed a friends kayak last fall and it was a perception chinook. i really like that kayak, but it was 15 years old! cant seem to find one out there now.

Here is a picture of it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	kayak.jpg 
Views:	132 
Size:	261.3 KB 
ID:	128