vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: It's that time of year - Hunting Season

Default It's that time of year - Hunting Season

Hey folks,

The Maine hunting season has started today.... yes, it is only expanded archery but I just want to remind everyone to be a little more cautious from here on out...

Team Teebow 1

Thanks for the reminder that some are hunting for more than caches!
    I am just 3 weeks from Maine (Yeehaw!!) and would not have thought about hunting season in my quest to see the leaves, hunt a few caches and enjoy the wilderness.

Funny you should bring this up. I was just thinking today that I should put my beautiful orange vest in my car soon!
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Smile

Oh the new season of orange. The trees turn colors and so do we. We have a fall outfit, not to be outdone with the new fall fashions. Orange is Maines safe color until hunting season is over. Yea travelers think I am odd wearing the orange vest and matching knit hat through Newark Air Port, They know your from Maine When!
    Last edited by agingelm; 09-12-2005 at 11:05 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote Originally Posted by agingelm
    Oh the new season of orange. The trees turn colors and so do we. We have a fall outfit, not to be outdone with the new fall fashions. Orange is Maines safe color until hunting season is over. Yea travelers think I am odd wearing the orange vest and matching knit hat through Newark Air Port, They know your from Maine When!
    LOL! Very good!

Thanks for the reminder. Picked up two inexpensive lightweight vests at LL Bean's outlet today along with one cap. We have heavy blaze orange coats but would swelter in them this year. It's staying warm/hot very late. We shoot trap/skeet and already have good shooting vests but will admit to being very tempted by the blaze orange vest. Being now retired sure does cut back on the extra purchases <G>

Here's a link to the full hunting season schedule.
    http://www.state.me.us/ifw/hunttrap/...easonchart.htm

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Is it just archery? We saw a P/U today in Bangor, heading south on I95, with a very dead bear in the truck bed. Do they hunt bears with bows and arrows?

Its bear and deer season right now.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Default RE: That time of year....

Yes, it is also bear season and the 1st week of moose season starts Sept.26th.

Team Teebow

Went out for a short evening hike around Celestial Navigation. About 3/4 way around the loop, I saw a bow hunter! Fortunately, there was a lot of trees between me and him. At first, he did not see me and I just stood as still as posible. All the time wishing and wishing I'd worn something orange instead of white!!

After what seemed like eternatity he saw me and quietly walked up to me. Turns out, he was lost! I got him straightened out and appologized for not wearing orange. He said it was ok since it's not required during bow season.

The irony is that I voted to allow hunting on the Kittery Town Farm land. It's a great place to get a deer.