Quote Originally Posted by tat
Went out for a short evening hike around Celestial Navigation. About 3/4 way around the loop, I saw a bow hunter! Fortunately, there was a lot of trees between me and him. At first, he did not see me and I just stood as still as posible. All the time wishing and wishing I'd worn something orange instead of white!!

After what seemed like eternatity he saw me and quietly walked up to me. Turns out, he was lost! I got him straightened out and appologized for not wearing orange. He said it was ok since it's not required during bow season.

The irony is that I voted to allow hunting on the Kittery Town Farm land. It's a great place to get a deer.
This is why I don't worry too much about bow hunters . . . I mean when is the last time you've heard of a bow hunter accidentally shooting themself or another person? I realize it may be a statistical numbers-thing as there are a lot more hunters who shoot with a rifle or shotgun, but when you have to be quite a bit closer to the quarry and you basically only have one really good shot to drop the deer or risk injuring the animal and/or losing an arrow it seems as though bow hunters are a lot more careful about ID-ing their target.