vb:literal>

Thread: Virtual Travel Bugs?

Default Virtual Travel Bugs?

Anyone heard of "virtual TB's"? There is no actual item/tag to travel from cache to cache; the number is out there in the "public domain" for anyone to rgab and log. Seems like some people are starting virtual TB's to keep muggled/stolen TB's traveling.

Is there a purpose to this???

I don't quite understand this concept of Virtual TBs. If there is no actual item to find, how do you "find" it? Do you just sit at the computer and hunt for the TB number to log or do you actually go out and find a cache to get the number?

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    I don't quite understand this concept of Virtual TBs. If there is no actual item to find, how do you "find" it? Do you just sit at the computer and hunt for the TB number to log or do you actually go out and find a cache to get the number?
    The TB number appears in the TB listing. If you find a reference to it, and see the listing, apparently you can "grab" the TB and then log it into another cache.

Beats me.

Default One better

A few weeks ago I grabbed a virtual TB that is only to be logged into virtual caches. As soon as waymarking takes over I guess that one will go away.
    Happy Trails!

Default Virtual TB's

I had found several "virtual TB's and had fun moving them. (Slow day at work I guess.........) But after I had done that a thought came rushing into my head, "Hey dummy, that could be taken as a numbers thingy!"

Look at it this way, in someway it is someone's twist on the game and where I enjoy all aspects of the game......I'm gonna play it numbers or not. I have two TB's that have been lost one due to a forest fire and one due to muggles. I have had thoughts about making them virtual TB's but haven't yet. Again, I look at it as different angle of the game, say a rainy day twist!!!

Team Teebow