vb:literal>

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ - Aroostook State Park

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Also before we drive all the way up there. I want to make sure we have the right coordinates. Because after putting the coordinates in my topo it shows the location for the event on the top edge of a 1,063 foot hill or mountain. It also looks like we will be driving down some logging roads or woods roads acording to the map. I am riding with Mike and I know we can do it but what about others.

I have attached a topo map.
    The map looks about right. You'll be driving right past the Mug Cache right to a field. The road is easily drivable. Just remember, the gate will be unlocked when I get there. Just swing it open, drive through, then close it but don't lock it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    John and I will pick up things up there or just pitch in for food. My car is going to be way to packed to bring stoves, grills or big coolers this time. I am very discouraged looking at the weather forcast for tomorrow. Not that it will keep up away. We are leaving at 2:30 today and will be in Limestone tonight. Then cache all day tomorrow and hit the event later. See you all there.
    Those that don't bring their food, there will be a food run, according to Jordan

Hey Rick hamburgers sound good...we'll bring some chips and cookies and stuff.
    has anybody thought about paperplates/trashbags yet?

oops, I wasn't paying attention as usual...we'll bring hamburger rolls, plates and other stuff. (already 2 bringing chips)
    As much as I'd enjoy watching Brad fall asleep in front of the fire, my camping gear isn't up to it. Holes in the tent, sleeping bags that have lost all their stuffing...it's really quite sad.
    In my family we decorate people who fall asleep when the rest of us is awake, I'd be careful Brad.
    And I do have the little grill thing..it'll do about 8 hamburgers at a time.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Also before we drive all the way up there. I want to make sure we have the right coordinates. Because after putting the coordinates in my topo it shows the location for the event on the top edge of a 1,063 foot hill or mountain. It also looks like we will be driving down some logging roads or woods roads acording to the map. I am riding with Mike and I know we can do it but what about others.

I have attached a topo map.
    Maybe a little off, lol that was with my old GPS and I think the height was off on that. Its on level land. You can drive right to it. The directions on the geocaching.com site are 100% clear. My cell is 540-5556 if you need any help.
    Thanks.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

When I go to the weather, it shows it raining, Starting tonight and ending Sunday Morning!!

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    When I go to the weather, it shows it raining, Starting tonight and ending Sunday Morning!!
    Looks like Tropical Storm Ophelia is heading our way

Tonight: A chance of rain, mainly after 11pm. Patchy fog after 11pm. Otherwise, mostly cloudy, with a low around 50. Northeast wind around 5 mph. Chance of precipitation is 50%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch possible.

Saturday: Periods of rain. Areas of fog, mainly between 8am and 11am. High near 60. East wind between 10 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 90%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.
    Saturday Night: Periods of rain, mainly before 9pm. Low near 50. Northeast wind between 5 and 15 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New rainfall amounts between a quarter and half of an inch possible.

Sunday: Showers likely, mainly before 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 64. Northeast wind between 5 and 10 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch possible.

I would hate to go and people not be able to set up a tent or have a fire at that. I am open for suggestions. I will go rain or shine, but who else, I do not know. I don't know if people want to cache in the rain at that and it don't look like a hike will be happening if its going to be raining...
    Hate to stay at a hotel its too expensive. I am open to ideas.

Jordan

I would not worry to much. We are geocachers, we will have fun.

Besides with my hammock I can set it up anywhere as long as there are trees and even if there aren't any trees. I will not have to worry about the wet ground. LOL
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 041.jpg 
Views:	465 
Size:	350.3 KB 
ID:	50   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 048.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	355.2 KB 
ID:	51   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Picture 051.jpg 
Views:	535 
Size:	349.5 KB 
ID:	52  
    Blazing Troll

Well thats good news. I wish I new what the weather was going to be. Looks like a comfortable hammock!