vb:literal>

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ - Aroostook State Park

If you hit the Canadian Border you've gone too far!

I refuse to belive the weather forcast. They are wrong so often, how could they be right this time? BTW, it isn't Ophelia it is some dumb ass storm coming from the west. It's going to hit the western Maine mountains and go *poof*.

I like my happy little world, let's not disturb it.

As of 10pm-

80% chance of rain during the day
    50% at night. Maybe it will change in the morning forcast?
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Jordan

Is there a picnic table at the place and a cover for us to huddle under in case of rain,

One more thing to think of bringing is camp chairs if any of you have not thought about it.
    Last edited by attroll; 09-17-2005 at 12:30 AM.
    Blazing Troll

Yes there is a picnic table. I have one camp chair... I have a easy up, I am brining and so does Brian. There will be two there.

Quote Originally Posted by J_Cyr
    Yes there is a picnic table. I have one camp chair... I have a easy up, I am brining and so does Brian. There will be two there.
    Jordan

That post was not meant for you to bring chairs. It was to remind everyone else to bring them. But it was good of you to bring some extras anayways.

So I finally am going to meet some Maine hicks. LOL.
    Blazing Troll

I wish you guys luck. It's gonna be a wet one out there. Too bad we aren't going, as we'd have our pop-up camper, and there would be space for people to get out of the rain (which is whywe decided to get one in the first place).

Maybe next time.

Have fun! LOL!

I am getting ready to leave the house now to meet Mike in Skowheagen. It looks like rain today and tomorrow. I called Mike last night and his wife said he was still going. So I will go for the ride. I hope there is someplace to stand under out of the rain at the campground, like a lean-to or anything. Otherwise we will be in our tents all night. That was be a bummer. If anyone has a tarp or a pole tent of some type you might want to bring it.

We will have dry firewood from what I read but I don't know if anyone will want to sit around the fire in the rain. I am wondering if I get to Mike's if he will cancel. We'll see in about one hour when I arrive. I really want to meet the northerners but such a long drive in rain just to meet someone stinks. I have my raincoat packed.
    Blazing Troll

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I am getting ready to leave the house now to meet Mike in Skowheagen. It looks like rain today and tomorrow. I called Mike last night and his wife said he was still going. So I will go for the ride. I hope there is someplace to stand under out of the rain at the campground, like a lean-to or anything. Otherwise we will be in our tents all night. That was be a bummer. If anyone has a tarp or a pole tent of some type you might want to bring it.

We will have dry firewood from what I read but I don't know if anyone will want to sit around the fire in the rain. I am wondering if I get to Mike's if he will cancel. We'll see in about one hour when I arrive. I really want to meet the northerners but such a long drive in rain just to meet someone stinks. I have my raincoat packed.
    We're going to be setting up a couple canopy shelters, hopefully those will be enough. I'm also bringing a good amount of firewood if you want to lighten up your load...

Thanks for everyone who came. I had a great time. It was nice to meet all of you. I am sorry about the weather... rain date next year!
    I hope you all enjoyed your stay in Aroostook and hope to see you all back (and more) Next year!
    Thanks again for making a geocaching memory!

Thanks for the group photo on the webcam kelly!