Aroostook County BBQ - Aroostook State Park
    by J_Cyr [profile] User's Web Page

N 46° 36.813 W 068° 00.821
    UTM: 19T E 575524 N 5162693

In Maine, United States [view map]
    Hidden: 9/17/2005
    Use waypoint: GCPQA1 (what's this?)
    Make this page print-friendly (no logs)

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width=440 bgColor=#eeeeee border=0><TBODY><TR><TD vAlign=top align=left width="100%">Please note: To use the services of geocaching.com, you must agree to the terms and conditions in our disclaimer.</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

(ratings out of 5 stars. 1 is easiest, 5 is hardest)
    Difficulty: Terrain:

BBQ & Campout at Aroostook State Park, Caribou, ME September 17th & 18th.

Date has been set! September 17th and 18th at Aroostook STate Park in Caribou, ME. There will be a BBQ that night and you can tent out there. Please let us know if you are going in advance. Arrive anytime Early afternoon Saturday is fine. I will stay up there as well and do some caches on Sunday, even if I already done them! I have to work until 5 on Saturday so we will probably have the BBQ around 630-7 if thats ok? Hope you all have a great trip up to Aroostook!

Hope to see alot of you there. Feel free to email me or post, I will check daily. and I will keep this posted for events/anything changes, what to bring please (etc, etc) I planned it two months in advance (lets hope its not snowing up in the county by then...lol) so mark it down! Carpool!

For more information, log on and go to: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/forum...read.php?t=553 My contact info:
    Jordan Cyr
    Caribou, ME 04736
    207-227-4844
    cyrjordan3@hotmail.com

Last edited by attroll; 09-13-2005 at 02:21 AM.
    Blazing Troll

Jordan

You said we can tent out there. If I come I am bringing my hammock to sleep in. I am assuming that there will be trees to hang the hammock fomr right?
    Blazing Troll

Lets hear a roll call to who is going to this event now too. I am curious as to who will be going.

It looks like I will be going at this time. I will make the final decission Wednesday night after I get home from work. But I really want to go. Looking at my money situation and it does not look to bad at this time. But I have not balanced my check book in a month. So we'll see after I balance my check book. If I decide to go the only other thing that would screw it up is if I go to work Friday and they tell me I have to work Saturday. It has been known to happen.

If I go I will be riding with Mike of the G Team or Cameoooooo. But it looks like it will be Mike as Cameoooooo does not know yet sure if she is going. Mike is closer to me also.
    Blazing Troll

We will have to miss this one.

ON TO OCTOBERFEST!

Hey Rick there aren't any trees in the northern Maine woods didn't you know that?
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

I'm still planning on going, but, my company has gone completely bonkers! If I make it, I'll be there!!

I have already gone bonkers which is why it is best that I don't go - hehehehe

Wish I could be there, but I can't make it. Hope everyone has fun
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Yes plenty of trees. I hope your warm enough! Bring a tent just in case! Hope to see most of you there. I just posted a note on the site:

<TABLE cellSpacing=0 borderColorDark=#006600 cellPadding=5 width="100%" borderColorLight=#009900 border=0><TBODY><TR><TD class=logbody vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2></TD></TR><TR><TD class=logbody vAlign=top align=left colSpan=2>Yes it is going to be $4.00 person to camp. Food will not be provided but I would like to get something together where we put in a few bucks each and have some hamburgers/hotdogs whatever. Or bring your own food. You can bring a camper, its not any more expensive. There is no electrical hookup, so please don't plan on that. There will be bathrooms. Brian will be there around 1 or so, feel free to go anytime after 1pm. I won't be there until 5 or so due to a manitory work date which I didn't know about until after I posted this date. I will take names and money afterward, its for the fee of the park, and per person. So far it looks about 15 of us as of today. I don't have much planned besides having a BBQ? And relaxing in the Maine woods, going to be caching all day sunday myself. Should be a good time. Would like to set up a scavenger hunt maybe, or a hike with the group that night and we can do the three caches around here, all walking distance. There is no specific check out time in the AM, but I think we will all be out and cleaned up before 10-11AM so you can have a day of caching. I will keep this updated. Thanks again, have a safe trip up here. You can email me if you have any questions whatsoever.

</TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Default Where??

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    We will have to miss this one.

ON TO OCTOBERFEST!
    We won't be in Aroostook either. Looking forward to OCTOBERFEST TOO!!

Temps may dip down in the mid 40s that night...plan accordingly