vb:literal>

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ - Aroostook State Park

I wouldn't want to be in a tree....

If you need a tent, I won't be using mine, your welcome to borrow it.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

GATE

There will be a gate there. Brian will unlock it around 1-2PM. After that he will shut it behind him. The gate is about .5miles from the area where we will be camping. Please open the gate up, drive through and close it behind you, to make it look shut, just because there is a gentleman who owns land around here and park of it is the trail, its suppose to stay locked at all times, but I got permission from the warden we dont have to lock it everytime if you open it and shut it behind you. I can assure you, after 1, 2 the latest it will be unlocked, so go right in and for sure Brian will be there, waiting for people to come.

Again, any ideas on lighting for night (no electricity), if you want to cook your own, or bring something (there won't be too many of us) Games/hunts? A hike for the sunrise? A hike for the sunset? Your choice. Please post ideas and suggestions Bring a Grill, or use the fire? Cook hotdogs with a stick over the fire? Just throwing this all out. Its going to be "winged" nothing is set on a plan, besides the date!

I anticipate that your event will go quite well. Don't worry. The biggest thing that we do when we get together is talk, share stories and laugh, and eat. I would suggest some sort of mingling game. Mainiac1957 does an awesome Cache Dash where we all scramble into the woods in search of a container. Others have had trivia games, word search puzzles with caching terms, and interesting games where you had to quess the name pinned on your back. They were all a blast and everyone had a great time. I would also suggest a few door prizes or prizes for the games. I can come up with a few things, and if you just ask, others will contribute as well.

Sounds good! Brian is going to bring a few games. Please bring headlamps/flashlights if you have them, its gets dark early... 730---

Anyone up for a sunset on the mtn or a sunrise? Either or, were up for any of them. There are trails to go up the mountain. Anyone bringing a coleman portable stove? Generator?

We plan on doing some fun things hopefully and can always set it up when we get there go out and hide something and first to find win something, that would be fun. Thanks for the comment, Cant wait to meet most of you. Anyone object to wearing a name tag with your name and geocahcing name, for the people like Brian and myself who don't know many of you?

Default Nametags

I have done nametags at all of my events. They are a big help. Walmart has the ones I use and they aren't too expensive. I will be coming with not alot of extra space in my car. So aqll we'll have is tents and sleeping stuff. I hope there will be a grill or two there. Rick are you and Mike bringing that sort of hardware with you? If my car wasn't so full I'd bring mine. Keep a conversation going here this week so we know what's going on. See you on Saturday.
    Happy Trails!

Even a gate for a fire place? We are trying to get a grill up there. Preference on hamburgers/hotdogs? Type of drink?

Default Cheeseburgers for me

I have no problem pitching in on some food. It would be alot easier tan trying to carry it all up from here.
    Happy Trails!

I will bring my hammock for the overnight. It is not jsut your regular hammock as you will see. It is a backpacking hammock. I just bought an under quilt for it. I will bring a tent just in case but I don't think I will need it.

I would like to see a do a sunset on the mountain or a sunrise if anyone else is game for it?

Can we have camp fires where we will be at? If so is anyone bringing firewood. We will need a bunch.

I have a small grill I could bring. If I can remember to bring it and Mike has room.
    Blazing Troll

Rick, we can bring your grill--I also have Coleman stove if necessary (big one, and backpack one), also lantern(s). If you're sleeping in a tree, I'll just bring my small tent, not the big one.

A grill would be great, don't think too many will be comming so that should be good! Buying food is no problem, if thats what everyone wants to do. I can get some hamburgers and hotdogs? What kind of chips/soda people prefer?

There is a large bon fire place. Last time I was there there was a bunch of trees there in the pit, we can burn. Plenty of wood for a fire, I assume its all still there. If not the place is surrounded by forest... some dead trees, ec ought to do the trick. More then welcome to bring wood too if you wish.