vb:literal>

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Aroostook County BBQ - Aroostook State Park

The CMI is over rated anyway...heck, gas is overrated too!
    At least the Northern Lights Hotel is probably only about 3 miles away from the camp site

Darn! All this discussion makes me wish we could be there. We'll be thinking of you...

Default Wish We Were There

Wow, after reading this and going to Brads event in Hampden we are bummed we won't be able to make it up. I love it up in the county, but unfortunately I am back working weekends for a few weeks. HAVE FUN

Cool! I just heard the weather forcast and all the dry air is staying in Canada. Sure glad the county is entirely in Canada!!

Seriously, I'll be leaving Kittery sometime tomorrow and hope to drive as far as I can and do the rest Sat. I need to fly out of Bangor on Monday, so if anyone needs a ride or is running out of room for "stuff", let me know.

Tat, Maniac1957, Haffy and any other leaving tomorrow for the drive up: Drive safe and do some caching on the way! Check out the Inner Solar System cache for the drive up and the Outer Solar System cache for the drive back! I can't wait to meet you all on Saturday!

Am looking forward to the trip, have never been further north than Houlton so this will be a new experience for me. Hope the great weather holds out and am looking forward to meeting all the Northerners.See you all sometime either Friday night or Saturday anyway. Will be meeting Mainiac in Brewer and leaving there approximately at 2 PM.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Wudeater and Wife
    BTW, we're staying at the Northern Lights now...CMI was $120 a night...50% more than when I stayed there 4 years ago. Maybe they've learned something from the gas dealers...hmmm.
    Wow. Just think of how much money you could save an how much fun you could have sitting around the camp fire with us at night instead of being in a hotel room. We can watch Brad fall asleep in front of the camp fire again. LOL
    Blazing Troll

As far as what to bring. It looks like everyone is pretty much going to bring there own stuff since no one is replying. I will bring a bunch of home made hamburgers if people want me to but I am not going to bring them if everyone is going to bring there own food. I don't want them to go to waiste.
    Blazing Troll

Also before we drive all the way up there. I want to make sure we have the right coordinates. Because after putting the coordinates in my topo it shows the location for the event on the top edge of a 1,063 foot hill or mountain. It also looks like we will be driving down some logging roads or woods roads acording to the map. I am riding with Mike and I know we can do it but what about others.

I have attached a topo map.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	countybbq.jpg 
Views:	234 
Size:	144.9 KB 
ID:	49  
    Blazing Troll

Default Don't have room to pack a bunch of stuff.

John and I will pick up things up there or just pitch in for food. My car is going to be way to packed to bring stoves, grills or big coolers this time. I am very discouraged looking at the weather forcast for tomorrow. Not that it will keep up away. We are leaving at 2:30 today and will be in Limestone tonight. Then cache all day tomorrow and hit the event later. See you all there.
    Happy Trails!