vb:literal>

Thread: RE: This is a bit off-topic, but the stupidity of FEMA and the Feds amazes me

Default RE: This is a bit off-topic, but the stupidity of FEMA and the Feds amazes me

http://sltrib.com/utah/ci_3004197

I almost signed up to go down and help out but after reading a bit between the lines I figured this was about what FEMA wanted the firefighters to do and opted to not go.

With all of their problems, crews who are no doubt tired and frustrated with their own problems of losing their home, family members, etc. FEMA figures that this is the best use of these firefighters?

Read the linked article. It's a bit embarassing for FEMA . . . or at least it should be.

---------

And yet another link showing you just how efficient and fiscally responsible FEMA is . . . such as buying a bunch of ice and then shipping it to Maine for storage.

http://www.wlbz2.com/home/article.asp?id=26707
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

I agree....
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

heh, ICE = In Case of Emergency
    why don't they just send down empty bags that have the directions written on them...
    In case of emergency just add water and freeze
    *Just a side note, I am a refrigeration tech and I do work for some of the local ice plants in Maine, and even though it sounds absurd Ice does not last that long even when its frozen, they can only keep those truck idling for so long before they have to scrap what they have and go get more.

As a former town Selectman, I saw a lot of what FEMA does. Sheesh! They even funded a $220,000 fire engine for the Town that we could never have afforded. And I'm not usually one to criticize the government; having been in the military for 22 years I got used to bureaucracy.

But FEMA needs to be elminated and something else established. The bureaucracy is immense, and hinders any good results. A troop of
    Boy Scouts would be better help in an emergency that FEMA.