vb:literal>

Thread: Anyone with a boat?

Default Anyone with a boat?

After speaking to 2 water taxis out of Portland looking to do a couple of the Island caches, I have come to the conclusion that I just dont want to pay that much for Ft. Georges.(75$) never mind other Island caches.

So I would love someone that has a boat and would take me to a couple of the Island caches in portland area. I would pay for all the gogo juice and lunch at your choice of places.

Any takers?

Wow, I've wanted to do these caches, too - didn't realize the cost for the water taxis were that expensive. Is the prices per person, or per trip - could it be split upon several people?

I have a boat, but weary of going on the ocean, plus it's a long haul to Portland for a cache or two.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Wow, I've wanted to do these caches, too - didn't realize the cost for the water taxis were that expensive.
    I don't think you need a water taxi to do to any of them except Fort Gorges. The others, Daytripper, Peak's Island Rock Park and Water Walker can all be reached by taking the Casco Bay Ferry. The ferry is much cheaper. It is less than $10 per person, exact price depending on which island you are going to.

Here's a link to the website's rate page:

http://www.cascobaylines.com/HTML/fr_fares.htm

My son and I have been thinking about going to Fort Georges some morning before the wind comes up via our 18' Old Town canoe. Its a short paddle from East End Beach but we need the tides to be right and are not sure what Coast Guard safety requirments are.

BR, that was the cost of the first person and second was 30$ more. As for trying ft georges in a canoe, be very careful. I would still like to do this cache if anyone has any other ideas or contacts that can get me to georges.