vb:literal>

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Marooned Travel Bug

Even if you had a sled it would be very hard to pin point a cache under the snow. We don't even know what it is hidden in.
    Blazing Troll

GPSFUN:
    Can you give more infor on the container?

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    GPSFUN:
    Can you give more infor on the container?
    Look in the Maine atlas on Map 61 (D-5) its near the Cunliffe Islands, there's a campsite near there

Default Cache container

Quote Originally Posted by gpsfun
    dropped off a plastic bag
    A plastic bag...

Quote Originally Posted by cameoooooo
    A plastic bag...
    would that be a trash bag, a clear bag, a ziplock bag, a plastic back with the yellow and blue seals.... cmon cameo that's not helping much

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    would that be a trash bag, a clear bag, a ziplock bag, a plastic back with the yellow and blue seals.... cmon cameo that's not helping much
    King Hiram! I'm not sure! I guess we do need GPSFUN to clarify!

Someone will have to write to GPSFUN to get clarification ion this. It says dropped off in a plastic bag. Does that mean it is in a container in a plastic bag or just sitting in a hiding spot in a plastic bag? I would write GPSFUN but I an packing up and heading out for a week in about 1 1/2 hours.
    Blazing Troll

Wow! Sounds like quite a challenge! Kinda makes me wish I was (a) retired and (b) living in Maine again. I will be arriving in Maine Oct 1st for a small family reunion in Farmington, then going to the county, but won't have the free time to aid in the search. I will be following this adventure of the lost TB though. Bravo! to you Hiram357 for taking on the challenge!

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    Wow! Sounds like quite a challenge! Kinda makes me wish I was (a) retired and (b) living in Maine again. I will be arriving in Maine Oct 1st for a small family reunion in Farmington, then going to the county, but won't have the free time to aid in the search. I will be following this adventure of the lost TB though. Bravo! to you Hiram357 for taking on the challenge!
    Yeah, I just don't believe somebody should lose a travel bug just because some dingbat thinks it'd be a good idea to drop it off where nobody is ever going to get to it. And it's also a bad idea to leave something like that out there where it could be damaging to an unsuspecting animal thinking that it's food. And if it was my TB that was irresponsibly placed I would hope that someone else would go out of their way to rescue it for me. Besides I'll be getting my new Garmin Foretrex in about 3 days and I really wanna see what it can do (it's got a quadrahelix antenna) and it gives me an excuse to go bushwhackin and fourwheelin with the Jeep. Which as an added note still has an empty co-pilot seat.

Can I send you a list of my TB's that have disappeared? Sounds like you have persistence and stealth well beyond mine that would perhaps give them a second chance in their TB life. It is always disappointing when they disappear. I have had a few that landed amongst the missing nearly immediately - either the cache disappeared altogether or the TB got removed and never logged. And some that traveled a bit and then disappeared. And I even have one that resurfaced and has traveled far. You just never know.
    Last edited by Beach Comber; 09-26-2005 at 01:09 PM.
    ~ Beach Comber ~