vb:literal>

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Marooned Travel Bug

Quote Originally Posted by Cache'n Jacksons
    I could see doing it for the adventure, but why bother if you can't get credit for finding the cache!
    Good point - do we know why GSFUN did not approved the cache? I don't believe I saw that mentioned...

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Good point - do we know why GSFUN did not approved the cache? I don't believe I saw that mentioned...
    He said that the Cacher was "from away" so I would guess that he did not approve it cause there is no local person to maintain it.

Geocaching is not permitted anywhere in the Allagash Wilderness Waterway.

This is not the first time a Geocacher has violated their rules. By removing the "geo-trash", we can prove that Geocachers are responsible.

In this case we need to also consider how much damage would be done by bushwacking to the site and putting search and rescue people at risk if something goes wrong. Maybe there is a trail, maybe not. The river may be low enough now to cross easily. The only way to know is to go or ask someone.

Running the Allagash is (I think) a minimum week long adventure. There are not many "sanctioned" launches.

Red face My fault - you can blame me

Okay - I admit it - I am the complete idiot that messed up this TB. I screwed up - it was kind of a last minute decision and what else can I say but I'm sorry. I'm new to geocaching - I failed on this one, etc, etc, etc. I just don't want everyone to yell at me and lecture me about it - I now know that this was a BIG MISTAKE. Now that we have that out of the way, rescuing the TB will totally make my day.

Here is more info for anyone that is interested in looking for this guy.

- On cunliffe island. Anyone going down the Allagash will pass this island and it also has a campsite on it.

- The TB tag is attached to a 3-headed plastic dog (not my idea - it came w/ the TB). This dog is about 8 inches long and 6 inches tall. It weighs a far amount (for a TB) and will not blow away.

- It is in a clear plastic bag.

- There is a very short trail once you get to the campsite - once you follow that you will come to a clearing w/ some downed trees and it is laying under one of the trees. It is covered up a bit, but not completely. The walk from the campsite isn't more than a minute or two.

- I think there are a few close roads, but w/o a map I can't say for sure.

That's about all the info I have. Again - I completely realize that I messed up on this one and if you can rescue the TB you'll be a hero.

Thanks,

Ty

T Webb. Thanks for clearing that up.
    Blazing Troll

well there ya have it! All in favor of pilling in my jeep this winter and snow shoeing out to it say AYE!

d’76 Guest

got my vote

T_webb, thanks for "fessing up". It may be geo "trash", but misplaced geocaches are the least of the trash in Maine. And, it has been a lot of fun just thinking up a way to be FTCITO.

I've got the road map already made up! All we need is some ice and snow
    (we can get within a mile of the islands by road, we'll need to get ahold of a yearly local up that way to find out about road conditions once the white stuff hits the fan)

::start polishin them snowshoes boys::

How about if I follow in my snowmobile?
    Blazing Troll