vb:literal>

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Marooned Travel Bug

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    How about if I follow in my snowmobile?
    you can ride your snowmobile all you want, but you aint gunna get me on one to break trails... no way, i did that last winter, me and a buddy were stuck last winter in 4ft of snow tryin to get the the d*** thing on top and goin again, we ended up walking out to get another sled to break a trail down to the trailbreaking sled to get it out! we didnt get inside until about midnight (and we got it stuck around 6) who woulda thunk that snow could be too deep for a snowmobile. whats the deal? the snow has to be deep enough to run em but it cant be too deep or they cant make, did they design these things after women!?!?! they should call them picky as he.. machines! hehe but we had fun doin it (and it we found out it was really cold once we sobered up)

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    you can ride your snowmobile all you want, but you aint gunna get me on one to break trails... no way, i did that last winter, me and a buddy were stuck last winter in 4ft of snow tryin to get the the d*** thing on top and goin again, we ended up walking out to get another sled to break a trail down to the trailbreaking sled to get it out! we didnt get inside until about midnight (and we got it stuck around 6) who woulda thunk that snow could be too deep for a snowmobile. whats the deal? the snow has to be deep enough to run em but it cant be too deep or they cant make, did they design these things after women!?!?! they should call them picky as he.. machines! hehe but we had fun doin it (and it we found out it was really cold once we sobered up)
    uh oh! Those would be fighting words in my house. LOL

Is a snowmobile considered a motor vehicle? HMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,tsk, tsk!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    uh oh! Those would be fighting words in my house. LOL

Is a snowmobile considered a motor vehicle? HMMMMMM,,,,,,,,,,,,,tsk, tsk!
    well ya know, they're hard to get started when they're cold. They don't do anything when they're too hot. They are high maintanence, (a cheap belt could cost $45) and they don't do anything all summer except lay around the lawn.

well ya know, they're hard to get started when they're cold. They don't do anything when they're too hot. They are high maintanence, (a cheap belt could cost $45) and they don't do anything all summer except lay around the lawn.
    HaHaHaHaHaHa

We can only hope Hiram's wife doesn't see this thread!

And now to defend the opposite sex . . . at least in my wife's case . . . she's actually pretty low maintenance . . . in fact I'm the one with the more "extravagant" tastes as I'm the one who likes the snowmobile, ATV, GPSr, computer, etc.

And in all honesty she is a real worker . . . but then again someone in the family has to do some honest work . . . I work for the City after all . . . it could be worse though . . . I could work for the State.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

And this is why I always wait for the groomer to pass through or at the very least wait for a few others to break trail before I go out . . . I learned that the hard way a few years ago after getting stuck three or four times and spending countless hours unsticking myself.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    And this is why I always wait for the groomer to pass through or at the very least wait for a few others to break trail before I go out . . . I learned that the hard way a few years ago after getting stuck three or four times and spending countless hours unsticking myself.
    Yes I do agree with you, but we had so many factors urging us to go, such as... they were our boss's sleds, alcohol, and hey who can argue against the timeless classic "what else are we gunna do?"

From the TB page it looks like this may not have been retreived or found yet. I think my son may be going up that way this summer. Let me know if he should look for this.

Is anyone up for a rescue attempt over the 4th of July weekend?

I think we can put in at Umsaskis Thourougfare, paddle 8 miles to Cunliffe Islnad, camp overnight and paddle 7 miles to Henderson Brook Bridge. There are at least two sets of rapids.

Post I'm game

If we dont have to travel to see my folks for the 4th. I'd be happy to go along. Never kayaked that far north before.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.