vb:literal>

Thread: Old Grist Mill Cache

Default Old Grist Mill Cache

I don't really have a favorite cache at this time. But I do like doing caches that envolve old houses and foundations. I like history and trying to picture myself back in those days of how things were. So any cache of this type interest me. So far I would have to say that if I had to pick a favorite it might be the Old Grist Mill Cache only because of the old house foundations I got to explore on the way in along with the graveyard. But there are so many others that I like also and I now there are so many more that I have not got to yet.

Default Tommy's Jalopy

My favorte cache that I've done so far is one that did during a trip last month in southern New Jersey. It's a multi-cache called Tommy's Jalopy. It had was very clever and when you thought you'd finished it had a twist at the end. Loads of fun!

My favorite in Maine that we've done would have to be Goosefare Brook by Doug26. It totally had us baffled. It is funny how you can sometimes defeat yourself by establishing boundaries in your mind that you aren't even aware are there. Once we completed the cache, it all seemed so simple and obvious. Again, loads of fun!

Admittedly, we haven't done a whole lot of caches in Maine, but we'd have to say that the ones we did in the Boothbay Harbor region were excellent. We say that because they brought us to little known sanctuaries, places you can't find in a guide book.

Default It all depends

What I find is that some caches are good because of the site, some because of the journey, and some because its just a damn nice day and you're in a good mood! Some of my Maine favorites are:

Along the Union River
    Monhegan Magic
    Gravity Outlaw
    Tumbledown Challenge
    Cache on the Rocks

I agree with geomainiacs - a cache can be a favorite for many reasons, and might even be for reasons outside the cache, like a surprise day off or something. Sometimes just being there at the right moment just to experience some unusual weather or wildlife makes all the difference.

I do have a section on my web site though of what I think are Maine's best caches, Trying to be indiscriminate of anything outside the cache, and it's always behind in being updated!

And besides, MY caches are my favorite - that's why I placed them!
    Last edited by brdad; 06-24-2004 at 07:08 PM.

Red face Fickle Female

I think my favorite caches change by the day!

For location, I tend to best like the ones that are along the coast. For challenge, I like the ones that I have to return to or perhaps find just as I am giving up and leaving. I like the ones that I am able to share with another person - to enjoy the time, the cache, and the location. And I especially like the ones that take me to place I have never been and would likely never have discovered if it weren't for this great hobby.

I'd have to say that if favorite means witch place have I enjoyed most for me it would be The Giant Steps, the ocean view there was soooo awesome !!

Default Favorite caches

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    I don't really have a favorite cache at this time. But I do like doing caches that envolve old houses and foundations. I like history and trying to picture myself back in those days of how things were. So any cache of this type interest me. So far I would have to say that if I had to pick a favorite it might be the Old Grist Mill Cache only because of the old house foundations I got to explore on the way in along with the graveyard. But there are so many others that I like also and I now there are so many more that I have not got to yet.
    Thanks attroll, this place has always been real special to us for the same reasons...you fell like you are in another place and time when you are out there!-
    Dana and Nancy , Triple-G