vb:literal>

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Parperless for Dummies

Question Parperless for Dummies

I know this topic has been beat to death, but a lot of the discussions are older ones and I am sure there is newer software etc.
    I just aquired a Palm Zire 31
    I am a premium member
    What do I need to make it work???
    Looks like GSAK is popular
    Do I need to buy and download Cachemate to my Palm?????

Thumbs up Good choices

GSAK and Cachemate are what I use for Palm and they seem to do the trick. Buy the registered version and you won't regret it. Cachemate is straight forward while GSAK takes a little getting used to. GSAK is very powerful and versatile. Clyde will answer all e-mails very quickly if you have a question. Good luck Ron
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer
    I know this topic has been beat to death, but a lot of the discussions are older ones and I am sure there is newer software etc.
    I just aquired a Palm Zire 31
    I am a premium member
    What do I need to make it work???
    Looks like GSAK is popular
    Do I need to buy and download Cachemate to my Palm?????
    I agree with Brad. Get both GSAK and Cachemate and you'll be VERY glad you did. When you do, email me and I'll be glad to help you with them.

Bruce

Having just acquired a Zire 31 and the full version of Cachemate, I'll learn along with you. How I made it this long without a Palm I dont' know since I like gear so much.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Quote Originally Posted by TwoMaineiacs
    Having just acquired a Zire 31 and the full version of Cachemate, I'll learn along with you. How I made it this long without a Palm I dont' know since I like gear so much.

Anne
    Which reminds me - I have a question maybe someone could answer. (Even "experienced" users have questions! LOL)

How to I export waypoints from GSAK to the expansion memory in my Zire 71 so that Cachemate can use it?

TIA.

Bruce

Thumbs up GSAK to Cachemate

I send data to Cachemate by first doing a search in GSAK to get only the waypoints that I want to transfer. Then do a FILE,EXPORT,CACHEMATE PDB FILE. That brings up a window that you use to select the file name and location you want and the formats for the data to transfer. After clicking on GENERATE GSAK runs a conversion program and writes the .pdb file and provides you with another window (Install tool), click DONE. The next time you SYNCHRONIZE your Palm the file will be uploaded to your hand held.

You can also customize the GSAK toolbar to add a Cachemate button. Clicking on that button does the FILE,EXPORT,CACHEMATE PDB FILE for you.

Hope this helps and is clear.

A house is not a home without a cat.

Quote Originally Posted by Sabby
    I send data to Cachemate by first doing a search in GSAK to get only the waypoints that I want to transfer. Then do a FILE,EXPORT,CACHEMATE PDB FILE. That brings up a window that you use to select the file name and location you want and the formats for the data to transfer. After clicking on GENERATE GSAK runs a conversion program and writes the .pdb file and provides you with another window (Install tool), click DONE. The next time you SYNCHRONIZE your Palm the file will be uploaded to your hand held.

You can also customize the GSAK toolbar to add a Cachemate button. Clicking on that button does the FILE,EXPORT,CACHEMATE PDB FILE for you.

Hope this helps and is clear.
    Thanks, but I do that already but am unable or change the destination from handheld to SD card.

Guess I should have been more specific...

OK.............Where the heck do I find Cachemate???????????
    I've got GSAK's newest version downloaded so far (gotta love dial-up, my arm is still sore from cranking the phone for 28 mins)

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer
    OK.............Where the heck do I find Cachemate???????????
    I've got GSAK's newest version downloaded so far (gotta love dial-up, my arm is still sore from cranking the phone for 28 mins)
    htttp://smittyware.com

Thanks WhereRWe, I think we are getting there, see you can teach a Dummie!!!!!!!!!