vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Something to think about

Unhappy Something to think about

I'm not sending this out into the forums to get responses...I just want to give some of you folks something to think about.

I'm not a person who can get online with a group of people and chat, it is just too hard for me to keep up with a conversation. And I've posted stuff to threads when I thought my thought/opinion had not yet been expressed. But I've tried not to be too vocal.

Well, this time, I just can't do it anymore.

The posts I've seen to many threads in the last several months and especially in the last few weeks have been overwhelmingly negative.

Always there are people complaining about something, trash in the caches, caches that have been trashed, atv's - dangerous or not, hunters - dangerous or not, the coin, the State of Maine and, of course, the infamous micro's.

(sorry to the teachers/writers out there about all the comma's)

We all need to be gratefull. Gratefull we're alive, gratefull we live in Maine, gratefull for our familes, gratefull we can afford to geocache, gratefull we can afford to eat, gratefull when the sun shines, gratefull the mail comes, gratefull someone thanks us for doing a good job, gratefull for......

We ALL need to work to the betterment of society, but YOU need to take the first step and not wait for someone else to do it. Everyone and everything has something to teach us if we will only listen.

Maybe your lesson is there can be 2 opinions about something and their both right. Maybe your lesson is that you can't make everyone happy, no matter how hard you try. Maybe your lesson is you have to work harder to keep the environment clean. Maybe your lesson is to listen. Maybe your lesson is to trust others.

That's for you to figure out. But all the complaining dosen't get anyone anywhere unless you also take action and make the situation better.

Diana

Thumbs up Well Put!!!!!!!

Well Said! I too have noticed that tempers seem to be flaring lately and that is not a good thing to have in a group that seems to be focused on having a good time and enjoying the sport we all share. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and this is the place to voice that opinion. I think what we are seeing take place is a harmless posting of opinions that may be taken the wrong way and turns into a mess.
    I represent 88 firefighters in the city of Bangor and over 800 statewide and deal with emails everyday. Quite often what is typed is not interpreted as is it is meant to be. I recently dealt with a case where an employee was put into the HOT seat for a simple email response that was mis-interpreted. I have seen cases where people have wanted to "quit" an organization they belonged to just because of how they interpreted an email.
    I seem to be rambling on and I guess maybe I am, but my message is simple
    "Be careful how you read any message, if you take offense to it reread it and see if you see a different message being presented" and don't take it personal until such time you can prove it to be personal.
    I may be sticking my nose in where it doesn't belong but of the people that I have met in this sport I have yet to meet one I didn't like. We are all here to have a good time. If someone says something that you may take the wrong way, PM them and see what they really mean.

Happy Caching
    Ronnie & Emily

OK this is very much off topic, but my mom passed away last night at the age of 91 yrs and 11 mos, and I choose to celebrate her life, she touched everyone she met and as I type this there is a few tears are flowing, but in the end she was lucid and knew that her body was failing her and passed as she wished, in her home with loved ones at her side. any complaints i might have pale in comparison. life life fully and when I get my magellen back from repair I will be posting a few finds, thanks for your indulgence, Lem

was supposed to be live life fully

Quote Originally Posted by FFFarmer
    I think what we are seeing take place is a harmless posting of opinions that may be taken the wrong way and turns into a mess.

Quite often what is typed is not interpreted as is it is meant to be.

"Be careful how you read any message, if you take offense to it reread it and see if you see a different message being presented" and don't take it personal until such time you can prove it to be personal.
    (Original message snipped for brevity)

Actually, those of us who have been around for a while have seen the above sentiments expressed more than once! LOL!

The membership of this forum is growing daily and we're getting a lot of newcomers - most with little or no geocaching experience. I suggest that newcomers go back through the threads and read some of the discussions about cache etiquette, etc. I believe that there might have been something there about "express your opinion - everyone has one - but don't criticize the opions of others" (which I admit that I - being one of the more vocal members of this forum - have been guilty of in tha past.)

IMHO...

Quote Originally Posted by mainemuel
    OK this is very much off topic, but my mom passed away last night at the age of 91 yrs and 11 mos, and I choose to celebrate her life, she touched everyone she met and as I type this there is a few tears are flowing, but in the end she was lucid and knew that her body was failing her and passed as she wished, in her home with loved ones at her side. any complaints i might have pale in comparison. life life fully and when I get my magellen back from repair I will be posting a few finds, thanks for your indulgence, Lem
    Our condolences for your families loss.

Sadie, Emma, Carmen and Steve

Thank you, ty

Default I'll say a prayer...

for your Mother Lem. My Mom is getting up there in age as well and I cherish her every time I see or speak to her. God Bless
    Happy Trails!

thank you, I might not see every post thanks to all

lem, i am really sorry about your mom. it sounds like she had a full life and that you have a lot of wonderful memories. it's hard losing someone, especially a parent. my thoughts are with you.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"