vb:literal>

Thread: Our schools

Default Our schools

I was just watching the local news and saw a story about the condition of some of our schools, namely eastern maine community college. granted i attended this school when it was EMVTI, graduated in 1981. The buildings are old and many have single pane windows and they are concerned with the cost of heating the buildings,-- arn't we all-- any thoughts about this maybe a fundraiser, allthough that might not work with a state owned facility. Just think, I gave all I could spare to the Katrina effort. now we are needed, as always, here at home. Any thoughts????

Quote Originally Posted by mainemuel
    I was just watching the local news and saw a story about the condition of some of our schools, namely eastern maine community college. granted i attended this school when it was EMVTI, graduated in 1981. The buildings are old and many have single pane windows and they are concerned with the cost of heating the buildings,-- arn't we all-- any thoughts about this maybe a fundraiser, allthough that might not work with a state owned facility. Just think, I gave all I could spare to the Katrina effort. now we are needed, as always, here at home. Any thoughts????
    Any thoughts? Yeah: my home is over 130 years old and all the windows are single pane! LOL!

LOL me too, just wanted to bring it to the atention of others

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Any thoughts? Yeah: my home is over 130 years old and all the windows are single pane! LOL!
    do what i do, rent an apartment with heat included!

d’76 Guest

I had to give up a few things that I enjoy so that I can make my own heating bill. I would love to help but am all tapped out, And with christmas just around the corner....

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    do what i do, rent an apartment with heat included!
    Well, our house is paid for, and we have 60 acres of woods and a wood furnace...

We'll be warm. LOL!

Default Speaking of wood....

Does anyone have a good source to buy some wood...someone that will deliver to the Brunswick area? Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Bluegrass Gyrl
    Does anyone have a good source to buy some wood...someone that will deliver to the Brunswick area? Thanks!!
    Good luck! Even around here wood is scarce and EXPENSIVE!

Reed's Firewood
    (207) 353-4043
    Route 125
    Durham, ME 04222

I've used them for about 20 years. Reliable, no more expensive than anyone else, full cords and nice folk. I can imagine right now they are delivering into spring though.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe