vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Contacts

d’76 Guest

Default Contacts

Hey all,

I was thinking alittle......

Oh yah, thats right.

I was thinking that I would start keeping track of all the home phone, cell numbers and towns that folks are from that I could use when I am caching. I figured if I kept it in the palm I would always have them with me. They would be nice to have if we are in an area where there are other local cachers and would like to hook up and grab dinner or a beverage(beer). Does any one object to this? I wouldn't make it a public thread but more of a PM and I will keep track of them in the palm then I could beam them to others at events or on the trail. It would also be helpful if we are looking for a cache and need to "Phone a Friend".

Dave

Thumbs up Sounds OK to me...................

I think that is a good idea Dave, anyone who wants to get in can and those that don't, don't have to. I already owe you a beverage so I HAVE to get in (LOL) .

Beam me up Scotty,,,,,,, I like the idea Dave.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Beer????????

d’76 Guest

Like I said PM me with the numbers and names and I will keep trake of them for the next time we get togeather

Beeeeeeer.......?

I like this idea Dave, but have some questions.

What format are they going to be in for the palm and will we need a seperate program installed on our palm?

How will we get updates or will you send updates to everyone as soon as you get changes or updates?
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

I was going to use the address book in the palm and I was also going to beam them when I saw folks. I don't know if there is a way to email the address book in a palm ot folks but I can look in to it.

That would work great but that means we all have to go to Bangor to get it or you would have to hook up with us somewhere. I don't know how it would work. I think if you were to beam the whole address book. So that means that we would also get your personal phone numbers. Another thing to think about is those that do not have the BEAM capability. I have a Zire but not everyone has a Zire.
    Blazing Troll

d’76 Guest

It's not without flaws but it will get us started