vb:literal>

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: How is it...?

Wink FTF's

The old adage "stop trying so hard". We got our first and only FTF when we stopped trying. Monster Cache hadn't been found in almost 2 weeks. Haffy had told me about it. Took a kayak to get there. Got up at 5am out on the water by 6am and the cache area by 6:30am. WHAT! a DNF. Coords put me in the water. Searched for almost an hour. No luck. Next day the cache owner, who had been notified earlier of the coords issue. Changed them and the the hint. I went out about 10am slept late, had breakfast, leisurely paddled to the site. And lo and behold our first FTF. I won't get up at 4am to be FTF. I'd much rather enjoy my sleep and the morning coffee. STF's are ok with the Team. We have 12 of them.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

but I want a FTF, I tried waiting, I tried rushing, it's just not working for me.... $20 to anyone who hides a cache a block away from my house and tells me when they place it just kidding..... (seriously though $20 think about it)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

You should join GC.com under a different alias and hide many caches as you can and then be the first to find on all of them. I'll take that 20 dollars in cache not a check.

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    You should join GC.com under a different alias and hide many caches as you can and then be the first to find on all of them. I'll take that 20 dollars in cache not a check.
    HEY THAT'S A GREAT IDEA!!! I CAN HAVE ALL I WANT!!! I'll start making payments to you after the first of the year... I make each payment .0001% of the total amount owed to you, and I'll even tack on an extra .000000001% yearly interest to the total owed at the end of each year as an added bonus to you for your great idea... You might want to invest in a soldering iron to put the pennies back together
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

d’76 Guest

I know, I know I'm a genious

Quote Originally Posted by dave1976
    I know, I know I'm a genious
    Genius

I've pretty much given up on trying to get a FTF . . . too many FTF "addicts" in my neck of the woods. That said, I have had two . . . guess it was just me being a bit lucky.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."