vb:literal>

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signiture Item

Somehow, moving someone else's signature item rubs me the wrong way.

It's just how I feel, but signature items are meant to be taken and kept. We put our Maine Geocacher Permit in almost every cache we visit, and hope people will take them and enjoy them. If they don't care for them, they're in the cache for someone else.

IMHO...

Post Sounds like...

someone is enjoying his sig item. Just in a different cache then it started in. I guess I personally wouldn't care where my coins go. Someone eventually will end up with them.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    someone is enjoying his sig item. Just in a different cache then it started in. I guess I personally wouldn't care where my coins go. Someone eventually will end up with them.
    Well, I usually pick up your coins and throw them away.

JUST KIDDING!!!!!

I've gotta agree with M on this one . . . I really don't care where the S.I.s end up as long as someone gets some type of enjoyment out of it and it sounds as though blevesque ended up with one that he might not have if it hadn't been transported up to the County and dropped in a new cache . . . I suppose you could call this transportation of S.I.s a kind-of, sort-of mutual aid.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    I've gotta agree with M on this one . . . I really don't care where the S.I.s end up as long as someone gets some type of enjoyment out of it and it sounds as though blevesque ended up with one that he might not have if it hadn't been transported up to the County and dropped in a new cache . . . I suppose you could call this transportation of S.I.s a kind-of, sort-of mutual aid.
    Well rest assured, the ladder is staying with me

I think it depends on the item. Some are nice to have and keep, like the fire ladder. Others, are much better passed around, like Brdad's photo CDs.

I'm also trying to figure out a signature item for myself. I was hoping to accomplish this before my trip to Maine but I'm still working on a couple of ideas. I did manage to grab a couple great signature items though I did feel a little guilty in not leaving one of my own behind. Just a little guilty though... Thanks FFFarmer and Trezurs*R*Fun! I really like FFFarmers attatched card that says when and where the SI was placed. I may steal that idea. (With permission of course)

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Somehow, moving someone else's signature item rubs me the wrong way.
    If they do not know that they are signature items then that could be the reason why. When I was new to caching I did not really understand what signature items are. I don't care if people move my signature items. I would like to see mine travel. I put serial numbers on mine. It people see them in a cache then they have no clue a lot of times what there are.
    Blazing Troll

Default See you in court

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    Thanks FFFarmer and Trezurs*R*Fun! I really like FFFarmers attatched card that says when and where the SI was placed. I may steal that idea. (With permission of course)
    The card idea is patented and copyrighted.....you will have to pay me a modest fee for the use of it. Go see my lawyers Doowee, Cheatum & Howe and they can set you up.
    Just Kidding... feel free to use the idea, I like knowing who the sig item belongs to when I find it, and it makes each one unique.
    Those tractors may be a HTF item for a while (hard to find), I am down to two left and need to restock.

Talking

Hey, we're talking VW's here - Can't you just use a rusted piece of metal? Just make it big enough so you have to push it everwhere.

Well, I thought it was funny!

You could ....

Use the picture from your avatar to make a keychain, either just laminate or you can buy the chains that you can insert a small picture into.

Use clay to make a coin like item, round, square or whatever, roll a model car tire across it for tire tracks, stamp a VW on it, sign it, and bake it.

You could make a branding iron with the VW logo and brand some pices of wood.

Have you looked at all the pages of signature items for ideas? NurseDave's and FISUR's in particular, and I have a few on my site.

http://www.geocities.com/team_fisur/geo-creations/

http://www.beckydavis.com/dave/