vb:literal>

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Ammo Boxs

Question Ammo Boxs

can someone tell me where you can get ammo boxs cheap

I have bought them on ebay before. Just have to watch how much shipping is.

Sometimes you can pick them up at garage sales real cheap too. But depending on ize, you average amm box is between $4-$7. Also, sometimes if you buy quanity, the prices of them will significantly decrease. I would check around at garage sales and ebay!
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Quote Originally Posted by DiverDave1998
    can someone tell me where you can get ammo boxs cheap
    Army-Navy surplus stores sell them cheaply.

The store in Brewer and Newport (Maine Military Supply) was selling the "standard" (the size we most commonly see) for $2.50 each a few weeks back.

Personally, I am a big fan of the ammo can. I have seen a lot of soggy caches in tupperware, plastic pails and pill containers . . . it could happen I suppose, but I have yet to find a soggy cache with an ammo container. The main drawback though is the price and limiting factor with the size . . . although you might be surprised how creative you can get when hiding an ammo can.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Default I got mine at...

Cheaper than dirt They are reasonably priced and are in good condition. Several of us on here have bought from them. Have fun.
    Happy Trails!

Quote Originally Posted by Mainiac1957
    Cheaper than dirt They are reasonably priced and are in good condition. Several of us on here have bought from them. Have fun.
    I checked their site today and they didn't seem ot have any of the small boxes. Looks like they have "big" and "bigger".

But I aslo have bought from them, and the boxes I received could well have been new. Keep checking their site.

Default ammo boxes

www.colemans.com is another good surplus store, heck, you can purchase a two ton truck if ya want!! For ammo boxes just use their search engine and just type in "ammo" that should bring ya to a page or two of goodies.
    Last edited by Smitty & Co.; 10-19-2005 at 06:27 PM. Reason: I just wanted to add more....
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

i got mine at the military store in brewer (and what an experience going in there!) there were tons of ammo boxes and i picked through them - they were in good shape. i spray painted them just because... and this reminds me that i have to go put some out and get rid of the rubbermaid ones. they were $2.50.
    "life is short...make a mess of it!"

Hey Dave in agusta before the first rotary on the left side there's a surplus store, i think its called top kicks or somethin like that, but they sell all different sizes of ammo boxes $5 and up, and they have a lot of other cool gear that is good for geocaching there's also a surplus store behind the abuchons in newport, i haven't been in there yet, but they might have somethin because they advertise military surplus
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

There's also a surplus store in Farmington, but I haven't beenthere in a while and am not sure if they have ammo boxes or not. But most surplus stores DO have them, so...

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    there's also a surplus store behind the abuchons in newport, i haven't been in there yet, but they might have somethin because they advertise military surplus
    Is there an echo here . . . I could have sworn that I mentioned Maine Military Supply's store in Newport in my earlier post.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."