vb:literal>

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help needed with planning event cache

I'm with Sudonim on this...why not add it to the coin distribution event? I don't know about everyone else, but attending 2 events in December would be really difficult for me and impossible for many others. Just something to think about and thanks Flowerlady for bringing up the idea.

Tess at Coins&Pins said that it will be tight, but we will have the coins by Dec. 10th for a distribution event.

Quote Originally Posted by flwrldy&buds
    Does Dec 3 work for everybody? or some people?
    Really depends on where it is, I have trouble getting to events that are too far north cause of work.

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    What town are you planning to have this in?
    Rick - she's from Skowhegan, so I'd guess that's where it would be.

Default the ball is rolling

I've just submitted the details for the event and FINALLY have a location. Will post again later. Hope y'all can attend!

As you can see by the cache listing we've got the charity cache event thing going for Dec. 3.
    http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-96ce231dd66d

The two charities I'd chose were Newborns In Need (for more info please visit this link: http://www.newbornsinneed.org/ )and a local soup kitchen. I chose NIN because of the link with prematurity and Bud #1. NIN is usually geared more toward preemies and newborn babies, but every year since the Maine chapter started the agencies with which we work have requested a few items for babies and children up to 2 years old that wouldn't otherwise have anything to open. We put together 'gift bags' for these children, this year we've been asked for over 55 bags. We will meet this request, this is where this event comes in. If any of you are so inclined to donate to NIN but are not sure what....... Here is a list of things that are needed, we have a lot of requests for 12 month - 2T this year and as usual more requests for boys than girls.....

NIN needs:
    Sleepers
    onesies
    outfits
    (above items needed in mostly size 12 months - 2T)

Other items:
    baby wash
    baby shampoo
    wipes
    new bottles
    pacifiers
    fleece blankets (or yards of fleece or flannel to be sewn into blankets)

I also chose a local soup kitchen due to the fact that I know some families personally (and I'm sure many of you do too) that will have to choose between heat and food this winter and thought this may help feed some of those who have to choose. So a donation for that would be a non parishable food item of some sort.

PLEASE NOTE: You do not have to make a donation to either charity to attend this event, I just thought it would be a nice gesture and 'In the Spirit of the Season.'

requests for NIN's help is now up to over 70 bags for the children and we are hoping that we will have something to put in each bag. As the requests pour in they are almost all for the larger children, I am a bit stressed by this myself as there is only so much I can do myself but we will do what we are able to with what we have, just like most Mainers... lol! So any hoooo, I'm excited about the number of people who are planning to attend, just so that you know I am planning to bring a vegetarian taco dip, it's SO delicious! Well, have a great Thanksgiving all!

Cache ya later!

Smile

My wife and I have been theriputic foster parents for over 7 years and I am speaking for myself here (she is sleeping). I am going to spread the word within our network and see if anyone can help. I am given out myself with all the disasters this year we have already given all we can.
    within ths foster parent network there are many amazing peaple who only care about the children, and that they have a little bit of hope to cling to.
    This is a hard year for us personaly as our foster son who has been with us for 7 years has had the oportunity to go home and be with his mom and he is doing well. Mom has come a long way!! I dont know if I can come to the event yet(work) good luck and keep the good work Lem

Default holiday stroll

Just wanted to let y'all know that this weekend is also the holiday stroll for the town of Skowhegan, it's lots of fun, so in case you've done all the caches in this area you can attend that as well this weekend!

Thank you mainemuel first for being atheraputic foster parent, I'm sure that takes a lot of patience and a great deal of faith. The youth of this world need a better chance! Know what I mean? Then also thank you for spreading the word about what we're trying to do for local children.

On another note I'm excited about this weekend, I hope y'all will have a great time.