vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How Do You...

d’76 Guest

Question How Do You...

I feel pretty dumb for asking this, And seeing what I have seen in the Forums lately I know this will go the wrong direction and I might not get any help at all but I will try.

I want to add a picture to a thread that isn't on line so I dont have an HTTP. So the little yellow box with the mountain in it doesnt help. I thought that I could just copy and paste but for some reason that isnt working. Like for example I posted a deer today that was in my front yard. I took a pic. and wanted to just post it in the thread but it wouldnt copy and paste. Help, If you can.

Thanks

Dave

OK - I'll be nice...

When you post your message, you've got the "task bar" above the text space. Among those little icons is a "paper clip". Click on that and you'll have the option of adding an attachment.

Like so:

(Not sure if this is the best way - but it works...)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	geocachingmaine.gif 
Views:	1152 
Size:	2.6 KB 
ID:	98  

Just use a service like Photobucket, upload your picture to that and use the URL link it gives you and use the "little yellow box with the mountain in it".
    It's that simple!

Actually... to make it REAL SIMPLE.... once you uploaded your pic on any host on the web, for instance: Freeimagehosting.com and you want to ad it to a forum, type [img] then the link to the picture (no spaces) then type [/img] and the picture will show up like how I post it. Thats http format.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Here is a simple whay to do it. Go to the image you want to display viewing it online with your browser. Not put your curser over the image and right click you mouse nad them click on properties.

Where it says ADDRESS you may see something like this: http://www.geocachingmaine.org/logos/GM-large.gif.

Using you mouse left click in front of that and holding down the left click drag it accross the http://www.geocachingmaine.org/logos/GM-large.gif and when you get to the end let the left click go. The phrase should be highlighted.

With the phrase highlighted right click on the pharse and then click copy.

Now when you go to make a post click on the picture image in on the top and it will ask you for the URL now paste the url into this window.
    Blazing Troll

Red face oh my

Quote Originally Posted by attroll
    Here is a simple whay to do it. Go to the image you want to display viewing it online with your browser. Not put your curser over the image and right click you mouse nad them click on properties.
    "mouse nad" ?????

Holy smokes Rick, what the heck kind of computer are you using? hehehehe
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Hey Beachie you know how I talk in Haffyese well Rick has his own Attrollese...lol
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    "mouse nad" ?????

Well, I don't know... "Mouse 'nads". Hmmm... Is that a Maine equivalant to Rocky Mountain Oysters? Or an ingredient in a Litchfield turkey stuffing?

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Hey Beachie you know how I talk in Haffyese well Rick has his own Attrollese...lol
    Very true Haffy!
    Bruce - those would be mighty small oysters - lol - ewwwwwwwww
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    "mouse nad" ?????

OK Judy I just installed the spell checker that works with this forum so I will spell check everything before I click the save button from now on.
    Blazing Troll