Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: New GPSmap 60/76 and eTrex with SiRF, for more accurate geocaching

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Norway
    Posts
    1

    Exclamation New GPSmap 60/76 and eTrex with SiRF, for more accurate geocaching

    I've written an article on the SiRF x-models:
    http://www.gps.no/anm/templates/?a=977&z=2

    This is really great news, you can get good positions in forests and areas with high buildings/mountains.

    Otto
    Norway
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Garmin GPSmap 60Cx midi SiRF.jpg 
Views:	762 
Size:	30.4 KB 
ID:	100  

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Interesting article, and I'd like to know more about the X-models. I can't find anything about them on the Garmin website (although I did find an article about the fact that they were adopting SiRF)..

    Note the prices for GPSr's in Norway: the GPS Map 60cs goes for about $714 USD, and the eTrex Legend C for about $375. Sheesh!

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    temp
    Posts
    666

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Interesting article, and I'd like to know more about the X-models. I can't find anything about them on the Garmin website (although I did find an article about the fact that they were adopting SiRF)..

    Note the prices for GPSr's in Norway: the GPS Map 60cs goes for about $714 USD, and the eTrex Legend C for about $375. Sheesh!

    Bass Pro Shop has the new 60 CSx listed for 499.99. Go to Bass Pro Web site and search "Garmin" for a list of the new "x" models as well as the old.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Hmmm...

    Still can't find them on the Garmin website. I wonder why not.

    Not that I'm in the market for a new GPS right now. I think RULOST2? would kill me...


  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Topsham
    Posts
    360

    Default

    I hope someone can come up with a good excuse for me to tell my wife why I need this new X-series GPS. Telling her "just because" will not cut it. This looks like a sweeeeeeet unit, the best of both worlds Garmin/Magellan.

    Team Teebow

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by team teebow
    I hope someone can come up with a good excuse for me to tell my wife why I need this new X-series GPS. Telling her "just because" will not cut it. This looks like a sweeeeeeet unit, the best of both worlds Garmin/Magellan.

    Team Teebow
    Ask Santa to bring you one! LOL!

    (You should NEVER have to justify what you ask Santa for...)

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Brunswick, Maine
    Posts
    548

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Ask Santa to bring you one! LOL!

    (You should NEVER have to justify what you ask Santa for...)
    hmm, i guess I will have to add the 76cx to my christmas list, but unfortunatly santa does not have that much money with a grandkid on the way. Of course if I went that way then I would have to go from the magellan camp over to the Garmin camp........ hmmm, we will have to see how much of a trator I really am. ?????????

Similar Threads

  1. Wanted: Cheap etrex
    By Kaching Karen in forum Private Sales (members)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-14-2006, 07:40 AM
  2. Garmin Etrex Vista C program
    By Starzz in forum Geocaching Hardware & Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-28-2005, 12:08 PM
  3. GPSMAP 60 CS and GPSMAP 60 C
    By J_Cyr in forum Geocaching Hardware & Software
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 07-15-2005, 12:21 PM
  4. New software for GPSMAP 76CS - Ver. 4.00
    By TwoMaineiacs in forum Geocaching Hardware & Software
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 06-20-2005, 04:05 PM
  5. Win an eTrex Vista?
    By WhereRWe? in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 12-20-2004, 06:26 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •