vb:literal>

View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of cache?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traditional Cache

35 46.05%
  • Multi-Cache (offset Cache)

14 18.42%
  • Virtual Cache

0 0%
  • I like all three

27 35.53%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What is you favorite type of cache?

I guess I prefer traditional. I guess cause I like to stick to traditions!
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

If all the ones I have tried, I like letterbox hybrid the best. I have been looking around for a place to put my first cache. The good spot I had picked out was muggled before I even hid the cache.

Zol
    The Adventure
    Continues . . . .

- Zoltarus

I like variety. What I especially like is ending up a great location where I never would have gone before. I also like a cache where the owner have spent time being creative with a puzzle or hiding a cache.
    What; Me Worry?

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Incedently, there are 10 curent registered cache types: Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Letterbox, Event, Webcam, Unknown, Locationless, Project Ape, and CITO Event.
    We've got one of the Project APEs down here in MD. A lot of people use it as a major find (100th, 200th, etc.). Definitely NOT a micro cache as it's the largest I've ever seen. There is a nearby Cache Across Maryland cache that is highly creative.

One thing that they do that y'all may want to try in Maine is the Cache Across Maryland. Each year new caches are put out in a route across the whole state. The goal is to find them all within a set period of time. Finding each gives you a number of a coordinate for a picnic celebrating the completion of the event. Some are incredibly creative. I missed this year's due to the move down here from Maine. Maine would be a gorgeous state in which to try a similar event. Sorry for going a bit off topic with this last paragraph as there is no special icon associated with the event.

Default Micro Caches

I would like to see Micro caches listed as a category of their own. I do not consider them traditional caches; they are unique in that they are extra small and hold only a small log if anything at all. What do you all think?
    Yeehawma

Quote Originally Posted by Yeehawma
    I would like to see Micro caches listed as a category of their own. I do not consider them traditional caches; they are unique in that they are extra small and hold only a small log if anything at all. What do you all think?
    Yeehawma
    I exchanged several emails with our cache approver on this. He made a good point that micros - which most regulars in this forum know that I hate with a passion - do serve a purpose. Geocaching.com is VERY reluctant to establish virtual caches, with the logic that there are VERY few places where caches cannot be established.

A part of this is the micro cache, which can he hidden almost everywhere. We visited a micro this last week where the difficulty was 3 1/2 - primarily because it was in a VERY public oceanfront area, and the difficulty reflected the effort needed to find the cache without being seen.

Yes, there is usually only a log and possibly a coin or pin in a micro, but they do serve a purpose. (Except when they're hidden in lamp posts at fast food restaurants.)

I'll take a micro over a nano any day - lol. I found my first nano while in Florida! It was kind of cool because it was in a nice area, but I think that the park that it was in could have accomodated a traditional. But then again, I wouldn't have wanted to root around in the bushes trying to find it with all those blasted snakes that live in the South - eek
    ~ Beach Comber ~

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    I'll take a micro over a nano any day - lol. I found my first nano while in Florida! It was kind of cool because it was in a nice area, but I think that the park that it was in could have accomodated a traditional.
    OK, "Mork", what is a "nano"?

Default Micros

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I exchanged several emails with our cache approver on this. He made a good point that micros - which most regulars in this forum know that I hate with a passion - do serve a purpose. Geocaching.com is VERY reluctant to establish virtual caches, with the logic that there are VERY few places where caches cannot be established.

A part of this is the micro cache, which can he hidden almost everywhere. We visited a micro this last week where the difficulty was 3 1/2 - primarily because it was in a VERY public oceanfront area, and the difficulty reflected the effort needed to find the cache without being seen.

Yes, there is usually only a log and possibly a coin or pin in a micro, but they do serve a purpose. (Except when they're hidden in lamp posts at fast food restaurants.)
    I totally agree that micros serve a purpose, even if they aren't my favorite. I know people who only hunt the micros and that is great. Geocaching offers something for everybody. Heck, I even hunt an occasional micro when I have the urge to geocache, but can only squeeze in a lunch time excursion in a business suit... I would just like to see Micros as a category of their own.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    OK, "Mork", what is a "nano"?
    LOL - I would prefer to be called Mindy - hehehe - but Mork will do in this case I guess.
    Perhaps you were just teasing, but just in case......this container was about 1 1/2" long and 3/8" in diameter.....though now that I look at the options I don't see nano on the list - or itty bitty for that matter - LOL. Not sure where I got the idea that is what the itty bitty size is called.
    Then again - you know me - I thought you said you found an ostrich feather at the Brewer CITO Event
    ~ Beach Comber ~