vb:literal>

View Poll Results: What is your favorite type of cache?

Voters
76. You may not vote on this poll
  • Traditional Cache

35 46.05%
  • Multi-Cache (offset Cache)

14 18.42%
  • Virtual Cache

0 0%
  • I like all three

27 35.53%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What is you favorite type of cache?

Hybrid View

Default What is you favorite type of cache?

What is your favorite type of cach you like doing?

Incedently, there are 10 curent registered cache types: Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Letterbox, Event, Webcam, Unknown, Locationless, Project Ape, and CITO Event.

I really enjoy multis, but I like variety even better, so I am voting "All 3", since it is closest to "All Types", which I would have voted for had it been an option.

It's great that there is such opportunity for caches of varying styles and types, and that's what I like. having 20 of one type of cache or one style of hide in one area is not so fun for me.

Talking

I agree with all of that! I am partial to multi's, however, and especially multi's with some sort of puzzle or calculation!

Smile All three

I tend to like all 3 myself,but am now leaning towards the multi's also. Just wish I could figure some of them out a little easier,but that's what makes them a challenge,right? Still haven't figured out Brdad's Eagle Eye Stash yet though I do enjoy the hiking ones too as I love the exercise that is involved with them.

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    Incedently, there are 10 curent registered cache types: Traditional, Multi, Virtual, Letterbox, Event, Webcam, Unknown, Locationless, Project Ape, and CITO Event.

I really enjoy multis, but I like variety even better, so I am voting "All 3", since it is closest to "All Types", which I would have voted for had it been an option.

It's great that there is such opportunity for caches of varying styles and types, and that's what I like. having 20 of one type of cache or one style of hide in one area is not so fun for me.
    I was going to list all 10 caches in the vote option , but only the 3 that I listed go towards your total count in you found caches on the geoacahe.com. I was bummed after doing a couple benchmarks and found out it did not go towards my total count of found caches. But I do consider them all caches.
    Blazing Troll

Actually, all 10 go toward your find count. Eventually, locationless may not. Benchmarks and TB tags are the only ones that are seperate. You did, however, pick the 3 that would probably be voted highest. Although event caches are real fun! Just not something you can do on a regular basis.
    Last edited by brdad; 06-24-2004 at 12:55 PM.

I already cast my vote for multi-caches, but I wanted you to see one that I thought was really great. Since it's in New Brunswick, it's a little far away, but maybe it will give someone an idea for a Maine cache.

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...d-b5a05174b0fc

And here is another, near Montreal, that I plan on visiting this summer (If I can figure it out...)

http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...7-d95ac280f42c

Quote Originally Posted by brdad
    We've got one of the Project APEs down here in MD. A lot of people use it as a major find (100th, 200th, etc.). Definitely NOT a micro cache as it's the largest I've ever seen. There is a nearby Cache Across Maryland cache that is highly creative.

One thing that they do that y'all may want to try in Maine is the Cache Across Maryland. Each year new caches are put out in a route across the whole state. The goal is to find them all within a set period of time. Finding each gives you a number of a coordinate for a picnic celebrating the completion of the event. Some are incredibly creative. I missed this year's due to the move down here from Maine. Maine would be a gorgeous state in which to try a similar event. Sorry for going a bit off topic with this last paragraph as there is no special icon associated with the event.

Default Why we chose multis

We chose multis because not only do we like the vagaries of a multi-legged journey, we also enjoy placing these the most as it requires us to try and outwit, to a degree, our fellow cachers. Also, and perhaps even more important, multis seem to be targeted less by geocahers-gone-bad for destruction as it actually takes thought to find them, something which is sorely lacking in these types of individuals.

I like all three which includes all ten actually. I haven't done all ten, but I like having the option of a variety of caches to choose from. The great thing about geocaching is the variety of cache styles and locations. There is always something new to discover and explore. The 10 categories also give a wider range of access to people who wouldn't otherwise have an opportunity to enjoy this great activity.