vb:literal>

Thread: TerraCaching

Default TerraCaching

Does anyone here belong to the TerraCaching sight? We've been quite happy with the GC sight but my husband asked me if I'd heard anything about this other. We see it on a banner and are curious. I also need sponsors to join if anyone is a member and trusts me.

Hey Fudd's girls. Yes I have been a member of Terracaching but I'll be honest with you I don't care for the website at all. I find if very hard to get around and do anything but that is just my experience. Myself and TRF and I think Smitty&Co. are also members but there are only I think maybe 6 or 7 in the whole state. I have found 3 of them. If you need a sponsor I would be happy to be one for you. The website was originally formed by a member of GC.com who had a tiff with them and decided to go his own way. Kind of like something similar to what has happened here recently so to speak.....
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    The website was originally formed by a member of GC.com who had a tiff with them and decided to go his own way. Kind of like something similar to what has happened here recently so to speak.....
    Thanks, enough said. I guess I'm not going to bother with it then. I know you are on dial up like myself and I actually haven't been able to get their page to load all morning. That's what I like about this sight, helpful people

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy
    Hey Fudd's girls. Yes I have been a member of Terracaching but I'll be honest with you I don't care for the website at all. I find if very hard to get around and do anything but that is just my experience. Myself and TRF and I think Smitty&Co. are also members but there are only I think maybe 6 or 7 in the whole state. I have found 3 of them. If you need a sponsor I would be happy to be one for you. The website was originally formed by a member of GC.com who had a tiff with them and decided to go his own way. Kind of like something similar to what has happened here recently so to speak.....
    I'd like to echo Haffy's comments, its not all its cracked up to be. I've found just two and haven't been really motivated to get any others. The one difference I do like with Terracaching is that some caches will have a "cache code" in the actual cache and you have to have it to log it as a find. Its a good way to make certain that the finder actually found the cache. I'll probably stay a member just to see how far it does go just for curiosity's sake. If this is still something you'd like to do I would happily sponsor you.
    What if the Hokey Pokey is what its all about?
    Have Fun & Be Safe!

I love the concept but there were no caches nearby and one of my sponsor quit and that left me an orphan. I never pursued it after that

d.

Maybe I'll look at it again in the future but there are sooooo many on GC that we haven't found yet and I am still figureing out GSAK. I don't want something else to deal with now. I'll remember who you each are so I can possible ask for sponsorship at another time. Having different options is always nice.

Quote Originally Posted by FuddsGirls
    Maybe I'll look at it again in the future but there are sooooo many on GC that we haven't found yet and I am still figureing out GSAK. I don't want something else to deal with now. I'll remember who you each are so I can possible ask for sponsorship at another time. Having different options is always nice.
    If you are anything like me, you will love to have some other options. Sometimes I get kinda tired of caching so I'll switch over to Letterboxing....then that gets old and I'll switch back. Now, I'm pretty interested in this GPS movie game and finding those caches. That's the great thing, a cacher can just switch around if they want, do or not do...it's all up to them. Most of all, remember to have fun!

I was a member of Terracaching... the fact that I'm no longer should be enough to speak for itself.... (and no I didn't get kicked out)
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.