vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: # 500 tomorrow

Talking # 500 tomorrow

Who said it isn't about the numbers. Knowing I had this event cache coming up tomorrow I worked my tail off to try and make it work so I would get to 500 for the event. Well after a very lucrative Wednesday with 17 and Thursday with 4 caches I went out today for 2 more and had to travel to Augusta and Gardiner to make it to 499 and I succeeded despite the snowstorm. I think Cliff (YOP) is trying to do the same thing so we will both be celebrating 500 caches tomorrow. Doesn't seem like much to anyone from some of the other states where they have 500 caches within a 10 mile area but I tell you it's quite the feat here in Maine. I know the ones who have surpassed that mark can attest to that. Don't get me wrong they are not all from Maine, I have 6 that I got in SC while visiting my sister but that's it. And I remember every cache that I found too. I have seen so many beautiful places that I would never have seen were it not for caching. And the biggest benefit from all this is the many friends that I have made that will last me for a lifetime. Thanks to all my friends who made this possible. Happy Caching Haffy6 John Hafenecker
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Quote Originally Posted by Haffy6
    Who said it isn't about the numbers. Knowing I had this event cache coming up tomorrow I worked my tail off to try and make it work so I would get to 500 for the event. Well after a very lucrative Wednesday with 17 and Thursday with 4 caches I went out today for 2 more and had to travel to Augusta and Gardiner to make it to 499 and I succeeded despite the snowstorm. I think Cliff (YOP) is trying to do the same thing so we will both be celebrating 500 caches tomorrow. Doesn't seem like much to anyone from some of the other states where they have 500 caches within a 10 mile area but I tell you it's quite the feat here in Maine. I know the ones who have surpassed that mark can attest to that. Don't get me wrong they are not all from Maine, I have 6 that I got in SC while visiting my sister but that's it. And I remember every cache that I found too. I have seen so many beautiful places that I would never have seen were it not for caching. And the biggest benefit from all this is the many friends that I have made that will last me for a lifetime. Thanks to all my friends who made this possible. Happy Caching Haffy6 John Hafenecker
    An early congrats going out to you Haffy . . . but how can you remember every cache . . . I mean I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast the day before and let's not even talk about trying to remember what I wore to work the day before.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Coin # 500 is one of the numbers in the drawing tomorrow too...

Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake
    An early congrats going out to you Haffy . . . but how can you remember every cache . . . I mean I have a hard time remembering what I ate for breakfast the day before and let's not even talk about trying to remember what I wore to work the day before.
    I think Haffy must take pictures of each cache! LOL!

Congrats, Haffy. Take a weekend and go caching in New Brunswick or New Hampshire. There are some great caches there!

Talking

Always fun caching in a snowstorm. Got the last two today also will make #500 tomorrow too. Who says it's not about the numbers. See you tomorrow at the coin event to celebrate.

YOP

An early congratulations to both Happy and YOP. Quite an accomplishment especially if you remember them all. Course I think you are both younger (a bit!). We won't make the gathering tomorrow unfortunately and will be getting our coins by postal mail. Have a good celebration - both coins and the magic #500.

Anne
    TwoMaineiacs / Anne and Joe

Default 300th

Seems pale in comparison. Tomorrow the event will be the Teams 300th find, in less than a year too. Congrats to Haffy and YOP on their 500th. We all have alot of stories to tell.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

Congrats to Haffy and YOP!

I might not get the 47 I need by tommorow

Hey way to go T2H,how the times flies when you are having so much fun huh? And you even get to share it with 2 special people in your life as well.
    Just smile it won't crack your face

The statistics on sanity are that one out of every four persons is
    suffering from some sort of mental illness. Think of your three best
    friends -- if they're okay, then it's you.

Thumbs up Congrats YOP, Haffy, and T2H

500, 500, and 300!! This will be quite a celebration!!! Will see you at the cache event.