vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Fall Cache Gathering

Lightbulb Fall Cache Gathering

I'm pondering the idea of coordinating a gathering at the Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth this fall. There is a great place in the park to hold the event (as noticed by recent visitors to my Two Lights Challenge Cache!), but there is a fee to use it as well. I have not checked on the cost yet. Before I go any further with the idea, I thought I would check in about the following...

... would there be interest in attending in mid/late October?
    ... would there be interest in helping to coordinate the event?
    ... would people be willing to help with the cost of renting the site?

Here is the link to the park...
    http://www.state.me.us/cgi-bin/doc/p....pl?park_id=28

Mainiac1957 has already scheduled a 11 September get together. You might want to get in touch with him maybe you both could work something out.
    Blazing Troll

Default Fall picnics

Yes, I am planning a Sept picnic in the Bangor area. I think one in the Portland area would be a good compliment to it. Some may make one and not the other. Some may make both. I plan to post mine by the end of the month.

Thumbs up I think it would be a nice place...

If it was in October, then it certainly wouldn't conflict with the September event in Bangor.

Do we know what the fee is for the facility? It might be difficult to get folks to pre-pay.

We'll plan to attend if everything comes together!

Michael

I will definitely attend. I'm always for caching events in Maine. Are you sure Two Lights State Park will be open then? Many of Maine State Parks close for the winter on Labor Day (Sept 6 this year) although people are allowed entry but parking is a problem sometimes due to locked gates etc. Just a thought.

Sorry about that I didn't spot the link you posted, but I will definitely attend if everything works out.

Smile Fall Cache Gathering

I would be interested in attending in Bangor and in Portland! I would be willing to help defray the cost of the entry fee.

Quote Originally Posted by Beach Comber
    I'm pondering the idea of coordinating a gathering at the Two Lights State Park in Cape Elizabeth this fall. There is a great place in the park to hold the event (as noticed by recent visitors to my Two Lights Challenge Cache!), but there is a fee to use it as well. I have not checked on the cost yet. Before I go any further with the idea, I thought I would check in about the following...

... would there be interest in attending in mid/late October?
    ... would there be interest in helping to coordinate the event?
    ... would people be willing to help with the cost of renting the site?

Here is the link to the park...
    http://www.state.me.us/cgi-bin/doc/p....pl?park_id=28
    Last edited by msteelee; 07-14-2004 at 02:22 PM. Reason: More to say

Talking

We'd love to attend!

Question

That sounds like a great place! Maybe a bunch of us up here in the Bangor area can get together and all drive down together?

Default Yippee!

I'm excited about the responses so far and will do a bit more homework! I'll keep you posted as I learn more.