vb:literal>

View Poll Results: What types of jokes should be posted on geocachingmaine.org?

Voters
80. You may not vote on this poll
  • Any topic - Any jokes allowed

14 17.50%
  • Any topic - Only family rated jokes allowed

41 51.25%
  • Only geocaching jokes - Any jokes allowed

3 3.75%
  • Only Geocaching jokes - Only family rated jokes allowed

18 22.50%
  • No jokes allowed

4 5.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jokes on this site

Default Jokes on this site

I know we have an off topic forum here on this site, but I am questioning the joke threads. Any of you that know mw know I thrive on humor. Many of the jokes are funny, but some of them may be off color for a family web site and I wonder if we need to be veering from geocaching related humor. And there are a gazillion web sites that have jokes on them if we want to read jokes.

So... Should geocachingmaine.org restrict the site from all jokes, to allow only geocaching jokes, or allow anything to be posted? And, should they be family friendly as Rick suggests the site should be?

Post It's a geo website

This is a geocaching website, and should be used as one. Kids geocache with their families,they and their families should be respected when it comes to the content of this website. Look at the Monday night chat. Talk about geocaching, and alot of new and old faces show up. It was one of the most popular chats I have seen in a long time. People come here to get info on geocaching, not to hear about whatever someone wants to post. Let's keep the site to geocaching. But lets have some fun too, including geo-humor. We can still have off topic threads, just keep it KID and FAMILY friendly. There's a time and place for all things. Like the next event at Rick's. Thanks, Brdad.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

I think that the more you smile the better off you are, so keep all the jokes comming, they are much better than the song chains.

Also thanks for opening up the voting to us unpaid members!

We could put all the jokes into one thread so they don't appear to be over-running the site. I agree that this is a family friendly and would be ashamed if parents had to restrict a childs access here. This is a geocaching site but it is also more; lots of folks enjoy the camaraderie and congenial atmosphere here and should not have to worry about losing that part of this site. I understand there are other forums but I think this site can accommodate both.

I personally have not found any of the jokes offensive and definately get a chuckle out of many of them but they seem to each have their own thread and that is bothersome in a very minor way.

Happy Caching!!!

d’76 Guest

I guess that I am unclear about what this particular web site has to offer children. I know that GC.com has the cache pages and such but this website ummmm..... I guess its a family website but we dont have coloring pics or online games here. I guess if I was a child this stuff we have to offer here wouldnt interest me.

Anyone who has been to one of our geocaching events should know that several local cachers have kids who are VERY active geocachers. And since most kids these days are more computer-literate than their parents, it is safe to assume that the kids visit this web site, even if they don't participate in the forms.

Having said that, LETS KEEP IT CLEAN!

Quote Originally Posted by Trezurs*-R-*Fun
    We could put all the jokes into one thread so they don't appear to be over-running the site. I agree that this is a family friendly and would be ashamed if parents had to restrict a childs access here. This is a geocaching site but it is also more; lots of folks enjoy the camaraderie and congenial atmosphere here and should not have to worry about losing that part of this site. I understand there are other forums but I think this site can accommodate both.

I personally have not found any of the jokes offensive and definately get a chuckle out of many of them but they seem to each have their own thread and that is bothersome in a very minor way.

Happy Caching!!!
    Well I for one like to browse the forums for jokes, so I think a specific joke thread would be useful 1) all the jokes wouldn't overrun the site 2) i wouldn't have to read so much to find the jokes 3) ummmm 3 reasons sound better than 2!
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Students

I introduce my Junior High students to geocaching each year when I do the orienteering unit in Phys. Ed. Some of the students absolutely love it and have gone on to dragging their families out on trips. I also have Cub, Bear, and Boy Scouts in my school who do geocaching. I have not introduced them to this site because I am afraid of what they will read. Let's face it. Kids are good with computers and I would hate to think one of them came on this site and read one of the more "colorful" jokes. I have slipped at times in the chat and need to remind myself that kids could be on here. I say, keep the jokes clean.

Post Team navigator

My navigator is 12 and he frequents the site. He has done several school projects about geocaching and has used the site for info. This is a family website. Please can we keep it that way. Maybe not have the joke thread show up on the " Today's Post's " that way you guys can have the jokes and kids and families won't just stumble on them, easliy.
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.

is there a way to have a joke thread viewable to those who want to see it? like donating members, or have to subscribe to the thread or somethin??
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.