vb:literal>

Thread: New Signiture Item

Default New Signiture Item

So this is a "prototype" if you will, fairly expensive to make and not only that, but getting 100 or so of these is going not only set me back, but trying to find that many, is going to be all in itself too! Maybe I will just make some and leave them in my favorite caches, lol I don't know...what do you guys think?

Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

Looks a lot better than a yellow jeep to me

Looks sharp. You could save a wee bit of money by using cheaper O-rings . . . but of course the real money and challenge will be in finding and buying the dune buggy.

Personally I always liked finding signature items that looked as though someone had either invested some time, money or thought into creating the signature item. I prefer signature items that somehow are "connected" to the user . . . i.e. their hobby, interest, etc.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

Right. Well I had 150 of those tags made and I did buy 250 of the rings too. I have a dozen or so of those buggies right now... but finding them is the hard part and another $1 to add to each cache, we'll see how it happens, I wish Hotwheels had a 50% off sale and there where 100 buggies there. Thanks for your input here.
    Sorry, you can not add yourself to your own ignore list.

I like it J, does it come with a cd player???
    I've been thinking long and hard about my signature item for many months, and it finally hit me today, one thing i have a lot of is Budweiser Bottle caps. Would it be appropriate for me to use these as part of a sig item?? or would the reference to alcohol not be GC Friendly????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    I like it J, does it come with a cd player???
    I've been thinking long and hard about my signature item for many months, and it finally hit me today, one thing i have a lot of is Budweiser Bottle caps. Would it be appropriate for me to use these as part of a sig item?? or would the reference to alcohol not be GC Friendly????
    I think a FULL bottle would be more GC friendly! LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    I think a FULL bottle would be more GC friendly! LOL!
    I just had a brilliant idea!! a cache crawl!! it'll start at the new grittys in lewiston, and from there go to the other brewery over by mardens, then down to portland for a few shipyards and sparhawks, then up to rockland to the waterworks!! the first cacher to walk through the door of the waterworks under his own strength, (no assistance or wheelbarrows allowed) wins a cash prize of like **opens wallet** $2.37 and a couple old movie ticket stubs!!

Don't laugh! I've been trying to think of a way to do this while keeping it legal and everyone sober! LOL!

Last winter, a friend of mine participated in a cross-country ski "hash". They has a great time, and I think it would work great for geocachers if we could do it in as controlled an environment as they did.

If anyone likes this idea, and wants to help me set one up somethime this summer, let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by WhereRWe?
    Don't laugh! I've been trying to think of a way to do this while keeping it legal and everyone sober! LOL!

Last winter, a friend of mine participated in a cross-country ski "hash". They has a great time, and I think it would work great for geocachers if we could do it in as controlled an environment as they did.

If anyone likes this idea, and wants to help me set one up somethime this summer, let me know.
    A geo beer hash.... so does that mean the first ones to the checkpoint have to drink until everyone else gets there???
    I don't quite understand how you intend to tie the hash/drink/cache all into one but I'm all for the idea!! where do ya wanna start?