View Poll Results: Is it right to attend an event and pick up a travel bug then put it back and log it?

Voters
60. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, legal in my book!

    15 25.00%
  • No, definitly not right!

    22 36.67%
  • I am neutral about this...

    23 38.33%
  • What's a travel bug?

    0 0%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 11 to 18 of 18

Thread: Travel Bugs and retrieving them POLL

  1. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Haffy View Post
    DO I HEAR A SPAMMER IN HERE!

    yeah... I think that is a spammer haffy...
    you should've seen the spammer that was posting this morning, to about 20 threads, its appears that he's been all cleaned up though
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

  2. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Unity, Maine
    Posts
    3,866

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357 View Post
    yeah... I think that is a spammer haffy...
    you should've seen the spammer that was posting this morning, to about 20 threads, its appears that he's been all cleaned up though
    I'm not going to say anything . . . last time I thought we had spam it turned out to be a real person . . . who had some legitimate things to say . . . some of which I totally agreed with.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

    "Death is only one of many ways to die."

  3. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by firefighterjake View Post
    I'm not going to say anything . . . last time I thought we had spam it turned out to be a real person . . . who had some legitimate things to say . . . some of which I totally agreed with.
    That Person hasn't posted since then, and under the conditions, you were RIGHT to question it. Now all kinds of SPAM is coming around. ano offence to ANYONE, but maybe the new people that want to post should be screened some how. It seems the GOLD FOR SALE poster is BANNED but can still post??????????????????

    WHAT????????
    Opalsns

  4. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Canaan , Maine
    Posts
    498

    Default

    Hiram,
    WHAT BIG FEET YOU HAVE FOUND!!!!!
    Don't tell people that there are wolves back in Maine or we'll have every Biologist and Wildlife expert trying to catch them or tag them or kill them.We have a, what I believe to be a very large DOG *****that runs around out back of our woods !!!!
    Opalsns

  5. #15
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Solon, Maine
    Posts
    5,940

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    That Person hasn't posted since then, and under the conditions, you were RIGHT to question it. Now all kinds of SPAM is coming around. ano offence to ANYONE, but maybe the new people that want to post should be screened some how. It seems the GOLD FOR SALE poster is BANNED but can still post??????????????????
    In the last few days, what appears to be the same guy has joined under many different names - about 10 so far. He's coming from China, and doesn't appear to be a geocacher.

  6. #16

    Default

    Some people are not aware that you can now discover bugs so maybe this is why they grab it and drop it back into the event.

    In the big scheme of things what does it really matter??

  7. #17
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Albion, Maine
    Posts
    324

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by team moxiepup View Post
    Some people are not aware that you can now discover bugs so maybe this is why they grab it and drop it back into the event.

    In the big scheme of things what does it really matter??

    I agree and couldn't say it better than Team Moxiepup...
    There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.~~Albert Einstein
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Many wise words are spoken in jest, but they don't compare with the number of stupid words spoken in earnest. - Sam Levenson (1911 - 1980)

  8. #18
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Location
    Bangor, ME
    Posts
    3,961

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Opalsns View Post
    Hiram,
    WHAT BIG FEET YOU HAVE FOUND!!!!!
    Don't tell people that there are wolves back in Maine or we'll have every Biologist and Wildlife expert trying to catch them or tag them or kill them.We have a, what I believe to be a very large DOG *****that runs around out back of our woods !!!!
    Opalsns
    Fear not, that picture was actually taken in colorado, about a week ago, and just to give you an idea of that track, i wear a size 12 1/2 boot...
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Similar Threads

  1. Not logging Travel Bugs or Jeeps
    By Gob-ler in forum Travel Bugs, Geocoins and Signature Items
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 01-21-2006, 02:32 PM
  2. Travel Bugs and retrieving them
    By attroll in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 12-15-2005, 10:04 PM
  3. Virtual Travel Bugs?
    By WhereRWe? in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-12-2005, 10:00 AM
  4. Jeep TRavel Bugs
    By WhereRWe? in forum General Geocaching Discussion
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12-07-2004, 07:52 AM
  5. Travel Bugs
    By attroll in forum Private Sales (members)
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 07-28-2004, 01:01 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •