vb:literal>

Thread: 288 Users?!?

Hybrid View

Default 288 Users?!?

Just curious, at the bottom of the main forum's page, it's states...

"Most users ever online was 288, 04-23-2005 at 05:42 PM."

Woah! What happened so special on that day?!?

there was a rumor that Jesus was going to be a guest of the chatroom... but to much disappointment it was some guy named Jay Seuss who is a 4th cousin of Dr. Seuss. He was actually quite interesting, he collected stamps and had an ant farm, (one ant was named larry) He really didn't have any interest in Geocaching, he stumbled across a cache while collecting ants one day and it had a Geocaching maine card in it so he posted that he would be in the chat one evening to find out what it was all about but when he typed the post (he was a bit inebriated) he stumbled in his typing when he wrote his name and it looked like JeeSus, and so everyone immediately thought that Jesus got connected to the web and was still trying to master the keyboard, and once word of "Jesus's" appearance got out thousands of people tried to log on but only that few 280 somethin were able to log on due to all of the high internet traffic. ( i was one of the lucky few that got to witness it first hand )
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Google Spiders

Just those pesky Google (and other search engine) spiders that come to cache our info and thoughts for permanent record.

Did it really say 388? Wow. I will have to go to the front page and look. I find it hard to believe that this site had 288 on it at one time. The other site I maintain only has 371 for most users online at one time and that site has 7,162 users. Like Cameoooooo said though it was probably one day when google and some other search engines decided to send spiders to the site.
    Blazing Troll

i see how it is... my theory isn't good enough.. so ya gotta go and ruin it with facts.
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Hiram,
    I like your explanation the best

Question Another version?

Quote Originally Posted by Hiram357
    i see how it is... my theory isn't good enough.. so ya gotta go and ruin it with facts.
    Hiram can you tell us the one about Santa? ... Can ya.... Can ya.... please..!!!
    Why not live life like it is your last day....instead of pretending to be a member of the Peter Pan Club and believing you will be around forever.