vb:literal>

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tidal Earthcache

Lightbulb Tidal Earthcache

So there's an earthcache here that I've been interested in getting... It's the Tidal Earthcache by TAT http://www.geocaching.com/seek/cache...a-9c0f9fd9cbe0

Now these caches are being retired at the end of the month. I've been watching the tide charts and it happens that a projected low tide on 12/31 at 5:06 +/- of -1.1. It's not the lowest, but it's one of the few that are that low and the only one that's a candidate before it's archived. If you're in the OOB area around that time, you might want to check it out.

Question What?

It's news to me if the Earthcaches are getting archived. Last I knew it was the locationless ones only...can somebody confirm this?

I did that cache last Feb. and it was well worth doing. It would be too bad if those caches were disabled.

Default I am TAT !!!!

I have not been told anything by GC.com.

There is a yearly low tide; The next one is at 6:20 pm on 30Jan06. If you want to get really close, this is the best chance. Last year, there 6 or 8 crazy people out there in the dead of winter! And, even though the town dredged the channel and moved the cache, we still had a lot of fun.

Each year, sands from the Saco River are dumped at Pine Point. Will the sands be built back up and expose the cache or will we need to wait another year?

Red face

It appears I may have misinerpreted the message on the groundspeak forum. Only locationless are being archived. No new earth caches are being allowed...

So, in that case, I'll head out in January for -1.8'

whats all the hub bub about this??? i looked all over the GC website and found nothing about them stopping any caches... could somone elaborate on this one????
    Once the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box.

Default Ooops!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    There is a yearly low tide; The next one is at 6:20 pm on 30Jan06.
    The next low tide is 5:32 PM on 30Jan06. There is another the next day at 6:20PM

Remember, time and tide wait for no man!

Quote Originally Posted by tat
    Remember, time and tide wait for no man!
    And then there is the other well-known saying . . . time and Tide always get dirty clothes clean.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the realization that there is something more important than fear."

"Death is only one of many ways to die."

heres the scoop on locationless caches
    http://forums.groundspeak.com/GC/ind...owtopic=105681

Default Monday, January 30

If you have any interest in doing this cache, fair warning that Monday 1/30 is probably the day to try. The low tide is projected as -1.73 for Monday's low tide at about 5:35 p.m. +/- and -1.77 for Tuesday's evening low tide (6:21 p.m. +/-). Given the weather forecast for Tuesday (and the fact that I'll be in Florida by then), I'll be headed there tomorrow. If you miss this one, there's one more opportunity in 2006 when the tide is this low - Feb 28.

Keep on caching!